X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China economy

This is what I was afraid of.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/cit...crashing-by-75

And other stock markets are getting affected already. Thoughts?
    "We have no white flag."

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
    Thoughts?
    Told ya' so.

Comment

yeah, that's what I've been saying from before, I'm afraid any downturn will have a serious ripple effect. I hope we won't get too badly affected...
      "We have no white flag."

Comment

Since this is the second spasm I will expect that most major players are already safeguarding themselves, and the rest are moving to do so.

Which will adversely impact the Chinese economy, but that can't be helped.

On a positive note, much more of this and all the military posturing about sea control will come to a screeching halt.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

My mentor told me to buy land. It's a hell of a better deal than stocks...

That being said I've got a bunch of $$$ tied up in defense industry stocks. I don't see them going out of business anytime soon...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I know next to nothing about economics, but if the stock markets are largely fueled by expectations of growth, while the gross national product's base relies on production, services, and sales, then as long as the developed world is buying most of what China is producing, what we shall see is more likely to be an adjustment rather than a collapse.
            dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

Originally posted by lirelou View Post
              I know next to nothing about economics, but if the stock markets are largely fueled by expectations of growth, while the gross national product's base relies on production, services, and sales, then as long as the developed world is buying most of what China is producing, what we shall see is more likely to be an adjustment rather than a collapse.
              I agree, with one caveat: so long as panic does not set in. If panic hits you could see some terrible things happen, although it looks like China is working very carefully to keep that from happening.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Since this is the second spasm I will expect that most major players are already safeguarding themselves, and the rest are moving to do so.

Which will adversely impact the Chinese economy, but that can't be helped.

On a positive note, much more of this and all the military posturing about sea control will come to a screeching halt.
                Or make them posture all the more.
                "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by lirelou View Post
                  Problem is, I think the prices are too high on speculation already, no growth can catch up with expectations. Government has been pouring funds to support the market, and I've read they've also prohibited some from selling.
                  "We have no white flag."

Comment

The only people who get hurt on a merry-go-round are those who get scared and jump off.
                    The hedge fund managers are licking their lips. Something to keep in mind about the Chinese market you should keep in mind, the Chinese have one of the highest rates of personal savings. Few Chinese invest heavy in thier own market.
                    Translated this means the US is still the place most people including Chinese people invest. So go ahead and buy into the panic. I will be buying.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      Oh..... no. I think it could be the opposite, as was the case with Argentine and the Falklands.
                      Thing get worse when the Govt needs to distract an angry population, not better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        Oh..... no. I think it could be the opposite, as was the case with Argentine and the Falklands.
                        Thing get worse when the Govt needs to distract an angry population, not better.
                        Nobody with any brains would invest in the Chinese stock market or in Chinese stocks.(Chinese companies)
                        Google Chinese stock market crash, and look at the dates on the articles, their market has been extremely volatile for years, this is nothing new.
                        Last edited by Urban hermit; 16 Jan 16, 22:38.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

For the last 2-3 years the Chinese economy has been supported by the Gov't by allowing speculation, restructuring bad loans and all kinds of misrepresentations. This means that as it all starts to fall apart it does so with sickening speed and effect,

Comment

Originally posted by Prospekt Mira View Post
                            For the last 2-3 years the Chinese economy has been supported by the Gov't by allowing speculation, restructuring bad loans and all kinds of misrepresentations. This means that as it all starts to fall apart it does so with sickening speed and effect,
                            Exactly. Stay the heck away from Chinese stocks. it is as stable as the CSA was.

Comment

Lockheed Martin? Gold. Buy it. Skunky is golden. Tell me I'm wrong...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X