Chinese Russian War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Russian War

Is there anything that could draw these two countries into an open war? I have read about the Sino Soviet border conflicts but i'm curious if this is the only possible flashpoint which could cause problems big enough to start a war between them.

Originally posted by Parzival View Post
    Is there anything that could draw these two countries into an open war? I have read about the Sino Soviet border conflicts but i'm curious if this is the only possible flashpoint which could cause problems big enough to start a war between them.
    Unlikely. China has much higher probably go to war with other neighbors, such as Japan, India, Vietnam, maybe Phillipines over border/ Island dispute. They also depend on each other in case they have to go to war with US. Ukraine and Senkaku Islands are examples.

July 2013 Russian and Chinese Navy held a join naval exercise in East China Sea in response to US/ Japanese joint military. Last month Russian and Chinese had a joint naval exercise in the Mediterranean off the Coast of Syria. I think both know that, only together, they may have a chance at Americans. They need each other right now. They have common enemies, US and Japan. For China, it's more with Japan than US; but Obama keeps sticking nose in Pacific for a president who doesn't know the difference between Taiwan and Thailand.
    Nice is heavy on my mind.
    I pray and wish the best for France.

Comment

Not common enemies so much as competitors with multiple interests at stake. All four governments alternately work with and oppose each other at the same time as commercial interests compete across the region. That these interests at times work at cross purposes is little more that a reality of global trade and politics.
      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Working...
      X