X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia prepares for royal arrival

From abc.net.au

Final preparations are underway in the western Queensland town of Longreach ahead of today's visit by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
    "A hot day in the west - the royal couple should be in Longreach today and the temperature there should be 39 degrees [Celsius] - very hot"
    More, including video http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-0...rrival/4352372
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

I hope you have pleanty of bandages for all the scraped knees.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      I hope you have pleanty of bandages for all the scraped knees.
      Scraped knees ?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
        Scraped knees ?
        Scraped nose scraped foreheard, all that bowing down for such Nobles.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Scraped nose scraped foreheard, all that bowing down for such Nobles.
          I'm not sure how anything would become scraped from the polite bowing or curtseying that happens nowadays. It's not actually required, most people do it out of respect for tradition. I believe a firm handshake is widely accepted amongst the Royal family these days.

Comment

A firm handshake between the Royals might pass, but I doubt they think it is okay for 'normal' people to offer a hand!

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              A firm handshake between the Royals might pass, but I doubt they think it is okay for 'normal' people to offer a hand!

Pruitt
              Doubt no more !

Comment

Let me know when the Queen or Prince Phillip start shaking hands! Then we will work on Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla. I like William and Kate but they are three steps away from crowns.

I imagine a lot of Royal Princes have shaken hands when in the mood the last 100 or so years. Once you get crowned protocol shifts.

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  Let me know when the Queen or Prince Phillip start shaking hands! Then we will work on Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla.
                  Pruitt
                  Prince Charles shaking hands with ordinary people

I honestly believe the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh don't shake hands with ordinary people for security reasons.

Comment

I honestly believe the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh don't shake hands with ordinary people for security reasons.
                    Or cooties.

Giving cooties to the plebs might not be a good look.
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Philip
                      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                        Or cooties.

Giving cooties to the plebs might not be a good look.
                        The Queen always wears gloves when outdoors.

I look forward to Australia becoming a republic but so many people enjoy the Royals that it's hard to see it happening any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post

Philip
                          Good picture but Martin McGuinness was (joint?) first minister of Northern Ireland when that was taken, not exactly an ordinary person.

Comment

The Queen always wears gloves when outdoors.

I look forward to Australia becoming a republic but so many people enjoy the Royals that it's hard to see it happening any time soon.
                            Oh I'm not a republican. I like the system just as it is. I'm just not into airs and graces. She's quite welcome to be the Queen of Oz, as long it is understood that she owes her position to having an ancestor that was a bigger murdering bastard than our ancestors, and as she can no longer send us to the headsman's block no fawning will occur unless she feels it is appropriate to toady to us.
                            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Good picture but Martin McGuinness was (joint?) first minister of Northern Ireland when that was taken, not exactly an ordinary person.
                              When I worked in a fruit canning factory near the Royals' Sandringham estate, during a royal visit to the factory, Prince Philip strode towards my station as if to shake hands with me. However, to ward off potential embarrassment I denied him the privilege by turning away at the last moment and pretending to get on with my work.

He is known for shaking the hands of more forthcoming plebs however.

Philip
                              "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X