Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long surgery wait, so he did it himself

From ntnews.com.au

A MAN who was told to wait 10 hours for a doctor to fix his sliced lip decided to use dental floss and a sewing needle to do it himself.
    Allan Dell, 26, from Stuart Park, in Darwin, said he had no medical background but had pierced meat in the kitchen.
    More of this article http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/201...45_ntnews.html
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Hey, at least when he did it, it was free!

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
      Hey, at least when he did it, it was free!

-Matt
      It would be free if done in a hospital as well : anywhere in Australia as a citizen he would be covered by the national health system.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Ah...missed the part about him being from Darwin.

-Matt
        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
          Ah...missed the part about him being from Darwin.

-Matt
          Not just Darwin, but Stuart Park, Darwin. That adds another layer.

Word of warning though. Stories contained in the NT news only resemble reality by accident. I can tell you that from experience.
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
            Not just Darwin, but Stuart Park, Darwin. That adds another layer.

Word of warning though. Stories contained in the NT news only resemble reality by accident. I can tell you that from experience.
            It doesn't matter,I have the feeling entire purpose of this thread is to simply criticize national health systems all over the world.

I can't understand this kind of people.They constantly try to convince us (or themselves?) how our health systems sucks.And each time facts beat them,yet they return again and again.Did you ever saw so many threads started by Europeans or whoever,that says USA should adopt NHS?I don't thinks so.

How many times we need to provide evidence to fight all kind of false claims around?We pay less,our services are not inferior (maybe even on the contrary) and in any case,it is our decision to use NHSs.
            It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
            Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
              It doesn't matter,I have the feeling entire purpose of this thread is to simply criticize national health systems all over the world.

I can't understand this kind of people.They constantly try to convince us (or themselves?) how our health systems sucks.And each time facts beat them,yet they return again and again.Did you ever saw so many threads started by Europeans or whoever,that says USA should adopt NHS?I don't thinks so.

How many times we need to provide evidence to fight all kind of false claims around?We pay less,our services are not inferior (maybe even on the contrary) and in any case,it is our decision to use NHSs.
              I believe the problem in Australia is due to increases in population, young drivers and binge drinking. The national health service (confusing for some Americans because it's called Medicare) works fairly well but is perhaps understaffed during peak idiocy times - at the weekend usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
                I believe the problem in Australia is due to increases in population, young drivers and binge drinking. The national health service (confusing for some Americans because it's called Medicare) works fairly well but is perhaps understaffed during peak idiocy times - at the weekend usually.
                Ah, just how much has the population increased?
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  Ah, just how much has the population increased?
                  More than hospitals can cope with some of the time.

Excerpt from ABS website

the resident population of Australia is projected to be:

This projection is based on the estimated resident population at 31 March 2012 and assumes growth since then of:
                  one birth every 1 minute and 47 seconds,
                  one death every 3 minutes and 36 seconds ,
                  a net gain of one international migration every 2 minutes and 42 seconds, leading to
                  an overall total population increase of one person every 1 minute and 31 seconds .

These assumptions are consistent with figures released in Australian Demographic Statistics, March Quarter 2012 (cat. no. 3101.0).
                  View here http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%4...3?OpenDocument

Comment

More than hospitals can cope with some of the time.

Excerpt from ABS website

View here http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%4...3?OpenDocument
                    so many are births that when they get older can enter the med profeesion to support the growth. Doesn't sound like that much of a problem.

Comment

so many are births that when they get older can enter the med profeesion to support the growth. Doesn't sound like that much of a problem.
                      You'd have to wait in line with an injury at an Australian hospital to appreciate the problem in full. The guy (Alan Dell) who went to a Royal Darwin Hospital and was basically turned away wouldn't be the only one in Australia : sooner or later someone will end up dead because of delays.

Comment

You'd have to wait in line with an injury at an Australian hospital to appreciate the problem in full. The guy (Alan Dell) who went to a Royal Darwin Hospital and was basically turned away wouldn't be the only one in Australia : sooner or later someone will end up dead because of delays.

I cannot comment on the treatment in your hospitals
                        I cannot comment on your hospitals but here at the local hospital if I show up with a bleeding wound my wait would be short. Less than 15 minutes would be my guess.

Comment

I cannot comment on your hospitals but here at the local hospital if I show up with a bleeding wound my wait would be short. Less than 15 minutes would be my guess.
                          That's probably true for most Australian hospitals too. Unfortunately there are certain times when you'd have to wait until the doctors have finished treating other similar wounds, probably self-inflicted by binge drinkers or from accidents involving young (under 18) drivers.

A part of the problem seems to be that because it's free people are reluctant to complain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X