X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimbabwes Accidental Triumph

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/op...er=rss&emc=rss

Refreshing news.

IN the midst of a wave of post-election political violence in Zimbabwe in 2008, Brian James, a white farmer who had been evicted from his property years earlier during President Robert Mugabes seizure of white-owned lands, found himself surrounded by a throng of black Zimbabweans in downtown Mutare, my hometown. The 50-strong crowd danced, sang and chanted political slogans for more than 20 minutes before Mr. James was finally able to raise his hand, thank them for their support and announce that he was honored to have been elected mayor of the countrys third-largest city.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Great post, Half-pint. Let's keep our fingers crossed for both Zimbabwe and Suid Afrika
    dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

Comment

That was a great article John.

I was in Zimbabwe in 1995 and the missionaries I was working with were already feeling a squeeze from Mugabe. I don't remember the exact issues, but I do remember that things were uncertain and they weren't sure how long they would be there. I have fond memories of the people and the land. It would be good to go back some day.

Comment

Good news,hopefully the next good news from Zimbabwe will be that Mugabee is dead,he's produced nothing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X