The next Zimbabwe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next Zimbabwe?

In South Africa white owned farmers are being killed over 3000 so far since 1994 by blacks and alot of other farmers are moving away from the violence decimating the agricultural industry,the ANC doesn't care about what's happening and the presumed future leader of the ANC supports and incites the killings.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/266680
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-farmers.html

My guess is that South Africa will be a net importer of Gold and Diamonds within a decade or two.

John.
    The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

That the problem with most revolutionaries they never figure out they won.

Comment

Malema does have a big mouth, one that many would like to fill with a fist, myself included. Be that as it maybe, we are in a democracy and the song he was singing is an old freedom song - does not make it right, just filling in the blanks that the Digital Journal likes to gloss over.

Farmers are also soft targets - isolated and reaction times long - and they are usually (I hate generalisations) very abrasive people who harbour a lot of ill feelings against different people.

Instead of looking at Whites getting killed, lets rather look at crime across the country that kills whites and blacks - those figures are never released, because if a Black gets killed, who cares? Its Black on Black and we can justify our case that Blacks are savages. Many more Blacks have been murdered and raped around this country than whites have since 1994, but because the SAPS does not report figures along racial lines, I struggle to get stats on it. Furthermore, we kill this amount of people in six weeks of the festive season on our roads.

Many whites have fled to other African countries - Zambia, Mozambique, Namibia and even further North - to continue farming in safety, so I do agree with you on that count, but the next point made that agriculture is falling into chaos is rubbish.

I would also like to point out to you that these people were farming in an area where a few years ago a white farmer put an employee of his into a lion pen to be eaten alive. The hatred down that part of the world is horrific. As an English SA citizen, I tread very carefully when I am down there, which is irregularly. Again, does not make it right, just filling in the blanks.

OZ and Craven, I am more than willing to put money on the table against your predictions. I see that SA will become the most sought after place on the African Continent to do business with, and will be used (as currently happens) as an access point to go Northwards. We have Botswana to the North, Moz to the East and Namibia to the West who are all well on the right track to prosperity. Yes, we also have Zimbabwe to the North, but there are many difference in that which I will not go into now.

Another interesting article here

Another one
        Last edited by MeenMutha; 31 Mar 10, 00:47.

Comment

Originally posted by MeenMutha View Post
          Malema does have a big mouth, one that many would like to fill with a fist, myself included. Be that as it maybe, we are in a democracy and the song he was singing is an old freedom song - does not make it right, just filling in the blanks that the Digital Journal likes to gloss over.

Farmers are also soft targets - isolated and reaction times long - and they are usually (I hate generalisations) very abrasive people who harbour a lot of ill feelings against different people.

Instead of looking at Whites getting killed, lets rather look at crime across the country that kills whites and blacks - those figures are never released, because if a Black gets killed, who cares? Its Black on Black and we can justify our case that Blacks are savages. Many more Blacks have been murdered and raped around this country than whites have since 1994, but because the SAPS does not report figures along racial lines, I struggle to get stats on it. Furthermore, we kill this amount of people in six weeks of the festive season on our roads.

Many whites have fled to other African countries - Zambia, Mozambique, Namibia and even further North - to continue farming in safety, so I do agree with you on that count, but the next point made that agriculture is falling into chaos is rubbish.

I would also like to point out to you that these people were farming in an area where a few years ago a white farmer put an employee of his into a lion pen to be eaten alive. The hatred down that part of the world is horrific. As an English SA citizen, I tread very carefully when I am down there, which is irregularly. Again, does not make it right, just filling in the blanks.

OZ and Craven, I am more than willing to put money on the table against your predictions. I see that SA will become the most sought after place on the African Continent to do business with, and will be used (as currently happens) as an access point to go Northwards. We have Botswana to the North, Moz to the East and Namibia to the West who are all well on the right track to prosperity. Yes, we also have Zimbabwe to the North, but there are many difference in that which I will not go into now.

Another interesting article here

Another one
          I don't know all that much about South Africa but it looks like the trend to me is that whites are going to be run out of the country especially if that Ahole ever comes to power it doesn't look good.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
            I don't know all that much about South Africa but it looks like the trend to me is that whites are going to be run out of the country especially if that Ahole ever comes to power it doesn't look good.
            Well the one of our Afrikaans weeklys published figures some time ago showing the rate of immigration back into my country. Here is a link, but its translated into English from Afrikaans, so sometimes does not make much sense - sorry on behalf of Google

Malema has been talking about nationalising the mines and taking whites farms and some other political rhetoric, but, as I have said before, we have a burgeoning Black Middle class, and if we can get them to be the thinkers and the voters en masse, then a little hitler like this pompous arrogant SOB will have little support. In fact, many thinking Blacks, I would say the majority, in fact, but do not have stats to prove it, do not support him. He is leader of the Youth League, and as in any democratic organisation needs votes to stay in power, and by being seen to champion the little chaps plight on the ground, he can swing those votes to his favour. Politics, huh?

He has also gone to his idol in Zimbabwe, Mugabe, and is showing his support of him, whilst the trade unions and the Communist party are getting against him, who form two thirds of the tripartite alliance of the ANC ruling government. So all is not doom and gloom here, and beware the anti sa press - they have readers to capture, and bad news sells, plus there is an inordinate amount of ex-pats overseas who slag this country off.
            Last edited by MeenMutha; 31 Mar 10, 03:46.

Comment

Well the one of our Afrikaans weeklys published figures some time ago showing the rate of immigration back into my country. Here is a link, but its translated into English from Afrikaans, so sometimes does not make much sense - sorry on behalf of Google

Malema has been talking about nationalising the mines and taking whites farms and some other political rhetoric, but, as I have said before, we have a burgeoning Black Middle class, and if we can get them to be the thinkers and the voters en masse, then a little hitler like this pompous arrogant SOB will have little support. In fact, many thinking Blacks, I would say the majority, in fact, but do not have stats to prove it, do not support him. He is leader of the Youth League, and as in any democratic organisation needs votes to stay in power, and by being seen to champion the little chaps plight on the ground, he can swing those votes to his favour. Politics, huh?

He has also gone to his idol in Zimbabwe, Mugabe, and is showing his support of him, whilst the trade unions are getting against him and the Communist party, who form two thirds of the tripartite alliance of the ANC ruling government. So all is not doom and gloom here, and beware the anti sa press - they have readers to capture, and bad news sells, plus there is an inordinate amount of ex-pats overseas who slag this country off.
              I hope you're right and the middle class starts getting larger so that Malema doesn't see the light of power that he wants.

Comment

Meenmutha,

"Malema has been talking about nationalising the mines and taking whites farms and some other political rhetoric, but, as I have said before, we have a burgeoning Black Middle class, and if we can get them to be the thinkers and the voters en masse, then a little hitler like this pompous arrogant SOB will have little support"

Once these sort of blokes get into power they usually make sure they are the ones counting the votes from then on.

It is down hill all the way after that.

John.
                The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Originally posted by ozjohn39 View Post
                  Meenmutha,

"Malema has been talking about nationalising the mines and taking whites farms and some other political rhetoric, but, as I have said before, we have a burgeoning Black Middle class, and if we can get them to be the thinkers and the voters en masse, then a little hitler like this pompous arrogant SOB will have little support"

Once these sort of blokes get into power they usually make sure they are the ones counting the votes from then on.

It is down hill all the way after that.

John.
                  Of course, and I am giving you reasons why he will not get into power. Also, just because he is the leader of the Youth League, it does not mean he will become leader of the ANC itself. As we speak I am trying to recall and now research how many leaders of the party had been leaders of ANCYL. He has pissed off some high profile people and is making some good enemies, so if he keeps it up, he will sign his own political death certificate.

Comment

Of course, and I am giving you reasons why he will not get into power. Also, just because he is the leader of the Youth League, it does not mean he will become leader of the ANC itself. As we speak I am trying to recall and now research how many leaders of the party had been leaders of ANCYL. He has pissed off some high profile people and is making some good enemies, so if he keeps it up, he will sign his own political death certificate.
                    I hope your right. I was not saying anything bad about SA I just meant that it idiots like him who take productive countries and drag them back into the stone age. I think you would agree with that just by looking at most of your neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                      I hope your right. I was not saying anything bad about SA I just meant that it idiots like him who take productive countries and drag them back into the stone age. I think you would agree with that just by looking at most of your neighbors.
                      Alas, I hope that I am right also Craven, but to make it happen, we have to do something, and by sitting on the sidelines, watching it all and pointing out each and every failure whilst not contributing positively, well, that is self defeating. I hope I am right, but I try to make sure that I am.

Comment

The future of South Africa depends on the willingness of its citizens to fight, to pray and to support. Criticism isn't needed to relieve the goverment of their stupidity, also, the majority of the population is UNEDUCATED or partly educated. They should be taught the truth by a neutral power, they should be presented with RESPONSIBILITIES not RIGHTS. South Africa has the foundation, there's just no one to build the house. With preasure coming from a national and international level.
                        Zimbabwe failed because the people were too blind to see what president they elected.

Comment

"Zimbabwe failed because the people were too blind to see what president they elected."

And that is South Africa's greatest danger?

John.

Comment

Originally posted by ozjohn39 View Post
                            "Zimbabwe failed because the people were too blind to see what president they elected."

And that is South Africa's greatest danger?

John.
                            In many ways the kid has hit the proverbial nail. As long as our population votes along the clour line, then they can be and will be hoodwinked into supporting a villain no better than Uncle Bob.

Comment

It's terrible what Mugabe's done to zimbabwe. Met a zimbabwean couple a few years ago, and they were saying that whatever money they get, they have to rush to have it converted to dollars ASAP as the zimbabwean currency is constantly devaluating its crazy.

I hope no other country has to go through that.
                              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X