WHO gets the boot from Tanzania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO gets the boot from Tanzania

"We Sent Them Samples Of A Goat, A Papaya & A Pheasant": Tanzanian President Catches WHO In Epic Lie

As the number of confirmed coronavirus cases explodes across Africa, the creeping involvement of the WHO has made some leaders suspicious of the NGO. Tanzanian President John Magufuli was growing suspicious of the organization, so he reportedly decided to investigate whether the organization was as trustworthy and reliable as it claimed to be.

He played what the local press described as "a trick" on the organization: He sent the WHO samples of a goat, a papaya and a quail for testing.

They all came back as "positive", and that was the last straw. The WHO has yet to manufacture a response, but the President is not waiting;

Following the results, Magufuli fired the head of Tanzania's national lab, sparking a political firestorm. Of course, though Magufuli has been criticized for trying to play down the impact of the virus, the government has so far refused to answer questions about where its test kits were manufactured, as Al Jazeera points out. On Thursday, the head of the Africa Center for Disease Control and Prevention rejected claims of faulty tests by Tanzania's president.

The unreliability of COVID-19 tests manufactured in China has been a major problem for the US, and for Europe, as countries and states have been forced to discard PPE purchased in China - often after purchasing it at inflated prices - because only one-third of the masks actually work, and many of the tests have been found to produce positive and negative results more or less at random.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...s-who-epic-lie

Africa is a strange place.

The story reads like folk wisdom which I think is the point.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Maybe because WHO wasn't involved in the testing.
      Looking at different news source, not one of the echo chamber ones rebroadcasting the same "WHO bad version" of this story.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6910821/c...goat-tanzania/

President John Magufuli has cast doubt on the country’s coronavirus testing process after he allegedly submitted secret samples from invalid subjects, including a goat and a papaya (yes, the fruit), that came back as “positive” for the virus.

Magufuli suspended the head of testing at Tanzania’s national health laboratory in response to the alleged errors on Monday, one day after revealing that he had flooded the lab with a variety of samples from things the virus shouldn’t be able to infect.
      Note it's the national laboratory for Tanzania. WHO is not involved.

More details here:
      https://www.npr.org/2020/05/11/85411...onavirus-cases
      https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ta...t-covid-tests/

Magufuli does support a herbal COVID cure;:
      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-afric...5D-%5Bisapi%5D

So in summary: nothing to do with WHO testing. It's a domestic issue with Magufuli and his opponents.

I'd note the OP mentions a national lab doing the testing not WHO. That seems to have been tacked on for other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post
        Maybe because WHO wasn't involved in the testing.
        Looking at different news source, not one of the echo chamber ones rebroadcasting the same "WHO bad version" of this story.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6910821/c...goat-tanzania/

Note it's the national laboratory for Tanzania. WHO is not involved.

More details here:
        https://www.npr.org/2020/05/11/85411...onavirus-cases
        https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ta...t-covid-tests/

Magufuli does support a herbal COVID cure;:
        https://www.bbc.com/news/world-afric...5D-%5Bisapi%5D

So in summary: nothing to do with WHO testing. It's a domestic issue with Magufuli and his opponents.

I'd note the OP mentions a national lab doing the testing not WHO. That seems to have been tacked on for other reasons.
        First of all, if Zero Hedge is being smeared then the BBC and Snopes can be ignored by me. Snopes, Really? Nobody under 60 remembers that one and everyone over 16 ought to know better.

From Global news-

Tanzania has been accused of politicizing virus data in the past. Last fall, for example, it refused to share samples collected for Ebola testing with the international community amid a broader outbreak in Africa. Tanzania’s officials claimed there was a plot to show the country in a “bad light” at the time
        Last Fall? Interesting.... so, how massive is the Ebola outbreak there, now, over half a year later? How many deaths, how widespread?
        like maybe.... nothing?

Now, I have to question an article that uses "allegedly" "supposedly" and similar pejoratives to describe everything that they don't like. However, "it does appear" that Tanzania has had run-ins with medical con-artists before.

Herbal Remedies can be used to describe any drug that has any basis in an organic compound, but since EVERY possible remedy has been Black-Listed by the Far-Left media there can be no relief in sight going by them.... until the day after election day, that is.

On to NPR-

OMG... this is something we did not know yet-

Tanzania's president John Magufuli, who holds a doctorate in chemistry, is denying a spike in the country's coronavirus cases, claiming that positive COVID-19 tests are fake.
        Science, anyone?

It would also "appear" that there are WHO staffers at the National Laboratory. There is the connection.

And I know some people say that any Docotor and any Scientist can never be questioned or investigated for any reason at all, they have the equivalent of Papal Infallibility .... because the Media says so, "apparently".

I am just not one of those people, and I hope that I never have to be.

Well done, John Magufuli. EVERYONE needs to be held to a standard of accountability, especially the ones that think they are above the rest of us, and the ones that squeal the loudest when investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post

First of all, if Zero Hedge is being smeared then the BBC and Snopes can be ignored by me. Snopes, Really? Nobody under 60 remembers that one and everyone over 16 ought to know better.

From Global news-

Last Fall? Interesting.... so, how massive is the Ebola outbreak there, now, over half a year later? How many deaths, how widespread?
          like maybe.... nothing?

Now, I have to question an article that uses "allegedly" "supposedly" and similar pejoratives to describe everything that they don't like. However, "it does appear" that Tanzania has had run-ins with medical con-artists before.

Herbal Remedies can be used to describe any drug that has any basis in an organic compound, but since EVERY possible remedy has been Black-Listed by the Far-Left media there can be no relief in sight going by them.... until the day after election day, that is.

On to NPR-

OMG... this is something we did not know yet-

Science, anyone?

It would also "appear" that there are WHO staffers at the National Laboratory. There is the connection.

And I know some people say that any Docotor and any Scientist can never be questioned or investigated for any reason at all, they have the equivalent of Papal Infallibility .... because the Media says so, "apparently".

I am just not one of those people, and I hope that I never have to be.

Well done, John Magufuli. EVERYONE needs to be held to a standard of accountability, especially the ones that think they are above the rest of us, and the ones that squeal the loudest when investigated.
          Thanks for this informative post which does an excellent job of illustrating how the pursuit of a political agenda shapes a world view. We see an avoiding of issues, over emotional response, refuting of claims that weren't made, goal posting moving, inability to stay on topic and cherry picking, all in the pursuit of a partisan agenda.
          A very familar pattern.
          Please keep up the good work.

BTW An eyeroll emoticon?, OMG used in a "serious" reply? Everyone and anyone who claims to be over 13 should know better.
          Last edited by CarpeDiem; 15 May 20, 07:23.

Comment

Comment

This has been going on for some time -

That was late March.

Tanzania has been very tight with China for over half a century, so it does not take much to figure out where the test equipment came from;

Rejecting Chinese Tests is a big step for them.
              The friends of China are not pleased with this rare show of independence. .

Comment

By the way, the same government that claimed it had sent those fake samples and received back a positive result, is now importing a herbal concoction from Madagascar as a miracle preventative. That will be the way in which the Tanzanians will be "cured".
                Naturally, not only the drink was not demonstrated as actually being effective against Covid-19 - it was not even tested to see whether by any chance it might actually be.

That says everything we need to know about the credibility of that government.
                Michele

Comment

Voo-Doo witchcraftery!
                  “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

Comment

Given that Covid almost exclusively kills the elderly and those with long term conditions the impact on Africa should be much less. Most African countries have a fairly young population and being relatively poor will have much lower levels of obesity related diseases. Plus it is hot and humid which slows the virus progress.
                    Africa is going to hit far more by the lock downs and associated slump in the West. Their focus should be on getting enough food to eat rather than worrying about a disease that only effects a very small minority.
                    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X