Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

3 US servicemen killed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 US servicemen killed

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=50293782

killed in Niger
    seems very complicated and difficult as you have to trust the host country's military in a combined patrol like this one
    Last edited by Moulin; 05 Oct 17, 09:00.

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=50293782

killed in Niger
    seems very complicated and difficult as you have to trust the host country's military in a combined patrol like this one
    It is BS when a president has to address and micro-manage and report on every squad sized action in an active combat zone (where US troops were deployed by the previous administration).

This is not a new conflict area. US troops work in combat areas...US troops get shot at. Even in low threat areas US troops will get hit eventually. It is definitely worthy our notice but why does it rise to the level of requiring presidential response of high level press briefings (which seems to be the way this is heading).
    "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
    Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Widow Maker
      It is BS when a president has to address and micro-manage and report on every squad sized action in an active combat zone (where US troops were deployed by the previous administration).

This is not a new conflict area. US troops work in combat areas...US troops get shot at. Even in low threat areas US troops will get hit eventually. It is definitely worthy our notice but why does it rise to the level of requiring presidential response of high level press briefings (which seems to be the way this is heading).

Excuse me just to be clear my response is directed more towards the linked article than the OP.s post.
      I agree totally

Comment

Need to know and most of us have no need, PERIOD.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Sorry for the double post.
          "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
          Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Widow Maker
            ..US troops work in combat areas...US troops get shot at...
            Yes, full credit to them and all troops everywhere..

"Dad, why did you become a soldier?"
            "Because I wanted to meet the enemy up close son, face to face"

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive."-Harry S Truman

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

Daniel Boone- "I was happy in the midst of dangers and inconveniences"

Ulysses S Grant -"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving"

Gen Douglas MacArthur- "In my dreams I hear again the crash of guns, the rattle of musketry, the strange, mournful mutter of the battlefield"

Comment

Small error in the article it was not Nigerian solders but Nigeria all so it was a rather larger ambush that could of target the US forces. Maybe in a hope that a few dead Americans would have them leave.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I looked for Niamey and it is in Niger. The author obviously does not know Geography. I am curious now If Nigerians are from Nigeria, what do we call people from Niger?

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Nigerien?
                  you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

4 dead now. Guys had to be rescued by the French.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

How much trouble is Dunsford in over this matter/ Will this effect his chances of being confirmed for another 2 yrs?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                        4 dead now. Guys had to be rescued by the French.
                        Hooo...The irony...
                        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/27/po...ed0221PMVODtop

More info

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

4 US Soldiers Were Reportedly ‘Left Behind’ Amid Deadly Niger Ambush

I just want to know, was it because the French didn't have enough room for them on the helos and that's why they were left behind? Even still, that seems stupid. Maybe 3 of them stayed behind to recover the 4th guy who ended up a mile away?
                            The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Was not capable to find additional information in the French press.
                              But I sincerely believe that our troops wouldn't have left your guys behind even if the Caracal or the super Puma are no Chinooks.They are brother in arms.
                              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Working...
                              X