Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Boko Haram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
    What a mess.
    It seems that Nigeria is shuffling towards 'failed state', at least in the north. It is an ungoverned space in large swathes. Through North Africa and the ME, the outcome is that radical Islam rushes to fill any such void.
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

• Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
      It seems that Nigeria is shuffling towards 'failed state', at least in the north. It is an ungoverned space in large swathes. Through North Africa and the ME, the outcome is that radical Islam rushes to fill any such void.
      Couldent have said it better, seems to be par for the course.

What can be done about this? It's clear that Nigerian forces cannot handle the job. A multi-national African force was wiped out. This is getting very out of hand ... and whatever happened to all those kidnapped girls?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
        What can be done about this? It's clear that Nigerian forces cannot handle the job. A multi-national African force was wiped out. This is getting very out of hand ... and whatever happened to all those kidnapped girls?
        They've disappeared entirely, "married" (yeah, right....) into Boko Haram, I read yesterday.

There is a real problem (several, but here is another) with the U.S. going into Nigeria, besides the fact that it's really Britain's previous colony:

Ebola is still increasing in Sierra Leone and Guinea, and the danger of it spreading into Nigerian slums and all over Nigeria is no less today than it was last November. NOT a good time to put a lot of troops into Nigeria.

Comment

• This is how Islam takes over whole countries, like Nigeria.

And France.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
            Couldent have said it better, seems to be par for the course.

I might have missed it but which multi-national African force was wiped out and where? The Multi-National Joint Task Force base at Baga only had Nigerian forces stationed there.
            "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
            G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
            Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
              I might have missed it but which multi-national African force was wiped out and where? The Multi-National Joint Task Force base at Baga only had Nigerian forces stationed there.
              Yep. This is a Nigerian screw up. Them alone.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Boko Haram makes a lot of news because of their willingness to commit pretty much any sort of atrocity. They are running rampant in part because the the powers that be in Lagos are still more wrapped up in political maneuvering and stealing as much oil wealth as possible. There is not much point to inserting foreign troops.

The Nigerians have enough people and money. What they don't have is a broad sense of national identity. Sound familiar?

We can help with training, C3 capabilities, logistics, and some intelligence assets. We should not provide anything beyond that.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• No troops no intervention means more of the same atrocities can be expected. I wonder what will make the government get their act together? Or is this simply a case of get rich as much as possible and escape to another country?
                  "We have no white flag."

Comment

• Perhaps when Boko Haram gets closer to Lagos the government will start paying attention.
                    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• By then it would be to late.
                      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                        No troops no intervention means more of the same atrocities can be expected. I wonder what will make the government get their act together? Or is this simply a case of get rich as much as possible and escape to another country?
                        Of course it is.

Then Boko Haram will replace that government and Islamize the whole of Nigeria.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                          Boko Haram makes a lot of news because of their willingness to commit pretty much any sort of atrocity. They are running rampant in part because the the powers that be in Lagos are still more wrapped up in political maneuvering and stealing as much oil wealth as possible. There is not much point to inserting foreign troops.

The Nigerians have enough people and money. What they don't have is a broad sense of national identity. Sound familiar?

We can help with training, C3 capabilities, logistics, and some intelligence assets. We should not provide anything beyond that.
                          I recall the forces of Chad were used previously in this region and they emerged with a good reputation.
                          Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

• Has Nigeria requested for foreign assistance?
                            "We have no white flag."

Comment

• Nope. There are a few western trainers but that is about it.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                                Nope. There are a few western trainers but that is about it.
                                If they did, I seem to recall there is a coalition of African countries they can call on?
                                "We have no white flag."

Comment

Working...
                                X