Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excellent article about South Africa and Apartheid

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Excellent article about South Africa and Apartheid

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...ntentions.html

    With all the recent talk about Nelson Mandela the myth and the modicum of talk about Mandela the man, it's a good opportunity to discuss another myth: that of apartheid. ...
    -- Post truncated to conform with ACG copyright policy. Please see the FAQ. Thank You, ACG Staff. --
    Last edited by GCoyote; 14 Dec 13, 20:14.

  • #2
    A "...two-state solution...". Holy Jesus. Invaders in one, the invaded in the other. And everybody's going to be happy and settled with that bullshit, forever. Lord have mercy. I think reason exists why Rome, for one, didn't adopt such policy. Nor as a people would they have stood-still for it, like most other people, I suspect. Has this every truly worked anywhere at anytime in such large proportion for very long?
    Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

    Comment


    • #3
      Discrimnastion and purscustion of whites? The statists just do not support this cliam.

      White unemployment rate is arround 6% for white people while bellow the nastional averge, it bellowe many 1st world nastions. Murder is far more common among blacks than whits same with all crimes. This artical is rather unfactual.
      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

      CPO Mzinyati

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HMS Jr. View Post
        A "...two-state solution...". Holy Jesus. Invaders in one, the invaded in the other. And everybody's going to be happy and settled with that bullshit, forever. Lord have mercy. I think reason exists why Rome, for one, didn't adopt such policy. Nor as a people would they have stood-still for it, like most other people, I suspect. Has this every truly worked anywhere at anytime in such large proportion for very long?
        I do think the article points out the hypocrisy of labeling Apartheid as the greatest evil in the history of that continent, while the rest of the continent suffers from the same problems, with regimes carrying out equal or even greater repression.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by andrewza View Post
          Discrimnastion and purscustion of whites? The statists just do not support this cliam.

          White unemployment rate is arround 6% for white people while bellow the nastional averge, it bellowe many 1st world nastions. Murder is far more common among blacks than whits same with all crimes. This artical is rather unfactual.

          Andrew since you live there and are a rational man I tend to believe your word over someone whom I can't talk to. You've said quite a few times that the claims of genocide were false.

          I just want to thank you for showing that the article is propaganda.
          Credo quia absurdum.


          Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by andrewza View Post
            Discrimnastion and purscustion of whites? The statists just do not support this cliam.

            White unemployment rate is arround 6% for white people while bellow the nastional averge, it bellowe many 1st world nastions. Murder is far more common among blacks than whits same with all crimes. This artical is rather unfactual.
            I was waiting for you, an actual resident, and one with a historic and present stake in the matter.

            I have a question for you.

            I do not have a clue how SA is apportioned in terms of natural resources. You know, where the gold, diamonds, and other goodies are located and in what supply degrees. You see where this is going?

            Would it truly be possible to have two separate states with more or less equal resources, and have the knowledge of same at any given time?

            Somehow, I do not see this as practical, or sensible, if I were say on the invading and more technologically equipped side. In short, why on earth would I split that which I already have and took for the relative ease of taking? What negotiating power could others have that I didn't allow? I'm thinking none. If I have GoodiesLand and I give you Shitsville, how long is that condition going to last? Suddenly, your part discovers goodies of your own. Think I'm going to just stand and let you keep and control it? Forget it. I took it once, I can take it again. At least that's what I'd be thinking.
            Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by andrewza View Post
              Discrimnastion and purscustion of whites? The statists just do not support this cliam.

              White unemployment rate is arround 6% for white people while bellow the nastional averge, it bellowe many 1st world nastions. Murder is far more common among blacks than whits same with all crimes. This artical is rather unfactual.
              Actually I don't argue whether the article is correct or false, but I would argue that for whatever reason, I have held similar views to the author of the article for many years. I used to read fictional novels by Wilbur Smith back in the 80s that included a lot of South African political and cultural content, and I have always felt that the whites in South Africa were labeled in an unfair way. I submit to the fact that you actually live there, and that you know much more about the situation than I.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jones View Post
                I do think the article points out the hypocrisy of labeling Apartheid as the greatest evil in the history of that continent, while the rest of the continent suffers from the same problems, with regimes carrying out equal or even greater repression.
                I call that The Theory Of Comparative Misery. Broken down to one-on-one levels, it would be like me telling you how grateful you should be that I didn't kick you in the balls because I only focused on your shins, and you should be happy about it.

                Duke's not really comparing apples to oranges, but to me he's in great err because he's not talking about partitioning and separating the African Continent as a whole, just SA. Therefore, when discussing SA and labeling apartheid as SA's greatest evil that becomes the salient point and especially if it's being made by those that had to endure and suffer it because that's where they live, not all over the rest of the continent.

                Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HMS Jr. View Post
                  I call that The Theory Of Comparative Misery. Broken down to one-on-one levels, it would be like me telling you how grateful you should be that I didn't kick you in the balls because I only focused on your shins, and you should be happy about it.

                  Duke's not really comparing apples to oranges, but to me he's in great err because he's not talking about partitioning and separating the African Continent as a whole, just SA. Therefore, when discussing SA and labeling apartheid as SA's greatest evil that becomes the salient point and especially if it's being made by those that had to endure and suffer it because that's where they live, not all over the rest of the continent.

                  Good points HMS, but I would argue that the difference between oppression in SA and oppression on the rest of the continent is that nobody seems to make a big deal out of black Africans oppressing black Africans, but the word "Apartheid" has become synonymous with the greatest evils ever committed by mankind. Jesse Jackson recently compared the US to Apartheid, saying that it exists here in the US.

                  The conventional knee jerk response to Jesse is that the US is not as bad as Apartheid, that is a ridiculous comparison. The truth is that the apartheid regime had its flaws fundamentally, but the true shame of such a comparison is that white South Africans are good people, both today and during the Apartheid days.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HMS Jr. View Post
                    I was waiting for you, an actual resident, and one with a historic and present stake in the matter.

                    I have a question for you.

                    I do not have a clue how SA is apportioned in terms of natural resources. You know, where the gold, diamonds, and other goodies are located and in what supply degrees. You see where this is going?

                    Would it truly be possible to have two separate states with more or less equal resources, and have the knowledge of same at any given time?

                    Somehow, I do not see this as practical, or sensible, if I were say on the invading and more technologically equipped side. In short, why on earth would I split that which I already have and took for the relative ease of taking? What negotiating power could others have that I didn't allow? I'm thinking none. If I have GoodiesLand and I give you Shitsville, how long is that condition going to last? Suddenly, your part discovers goodies of your own. Think I'm going to just stand and let you keep and control it? Forget it. I took it once, I can take it again. At least that's what I'd be thinking.
                    While that a intristing one. I do not know exated numbers or name of regions off all of them but I know roughly.

                    Gas is located in the south coast of western cape. Near mossel bay. Shal gas was located in the karro mostly nothern cape with is the area bellow nambia. They look for of shora oil of the north cape and kwa-zulu natal.

                    Coal is gauteng, kwa-zulu natal and limpopo. We 3rd larges producer.

                    Ore(gold, steel, zinc extra) is mostly gateng. But just about every province has some thing to mine. Though has I said gauteng is the richest area (and the richest provense that is richer than most african countries)


                    No since all heavy industry is located in the major cities. And there is no area where whits out number the blacks. SA economy is centrilized around certain areas so any second state would either be dirt poor or very depended on SA.
                    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                    CPO Mzinyati

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jones View Post
                      Good points HMS, but I would argue that the difference between oppression in SA and oppression on the rest of the continent is that nobody seems to make a big deal out of black Africans oppressing black Africans, but the word "Apartheid" has become synonymous with the greatest evils ever committed by mankind. Jesse Jackson recently compared the US to Apartheid, saying that it exists here in the US.

                      The conventional knee jerk response to Jesse is that the US is not as bad as Apartheid, that is a ridiculous comparison. The truth is that the apartheid regime had its flaws fundamentally, but the true shame of such a comparison is that white South Africans are good people, both today and during the Apartheid days.
                      Once upon a time...

                      ...I enjoyed a modicum of success by breaking the big **** down to the itty bitty that a majority of people could understand in every day and simple terms where they could relate individually in terms of their own lives. Made them more comfortable, and me as well. I'll try here.

                      You and I live in the same neighborhood. Call us reasonably distanced neighbors. Just say without gawking and spying on you and your home, I have a clear unobstructed view from my porch, plus I can also hear what's going on if shouted loud enough from the inside of your home, and even better and more clear if any ruckus is brought outside.

                      Now, just say I have a nonintervention policy with you and the rest of my neighbors. What goes on in your house is pretty much none of my business unless things get too crazy or involves me directly. Lets also say there's a good deal of **** going on in your home. Fightin', loud cussin', the occasional knockdown drag out and like bullshit and nonsense.

                      Fine, keep it over there and you'll get little to no beef from me. That's you and your family/people. Ain't got **** to do with me. Cops don't like DV calls and neither do I, yet cops have the benefit of being paid to intervene plus carry weapons to take with them when intervention time comes around.

                      Do you see where this is going? As long as it's you and yours and kept in your house and doesn't include me, mine, the rest of the neighborhood and to all-out civil war, be my guest.

                      ***

                      Lots of big deals have been made about black on black oppression. It surely gets a lot of airtime around here, and other places around the globe as well. It's relative. But apartheid, new ballgame. Slavery, and it's after-effects, too.

                      There was a line in The Godfather. "...they're animals anyway so let them lose their souls...". Great fundamental truth in that sentiment. Not right, fundamental.

                      When you don't like somebody, or a people, and/or can be manipulated to do so, a certain myopia isn't very hard to ponder and create. Nazis did this to perfection. They managed to get a sizable number of the German population convinced of this about a small segment of their own. Mass murder thus became easy if not completely amenable.

                      You can't sensibly ameliorate this by fundamentally stating they do it to themselves, so what's so bad if we do it too.

                      ***

                      Jesse Jackson and Apartheid. I haven't a clue why he makes the point of comparison, but comparison can be made if one takes JJ out the picture and compares the facets and similarities of apartheid and going back to slavery and it's social after-effects like segregation, voting this 'n that's, discrimination of varying kinds, etc., etc. That's what Apartheid embodied. It's an easy comparison.

                      See, I take no blame or guilt about slavery. Went down before I got here, and to the best of my knowledge no one in my family promoted it. That said, I also can't see telling the very people, not person, an entire people to just forget it either. Try telling us Jews to forget it and watch what happens next. Sometimes, a little empathy for the other guy ain't a bad thing, no matter how late.
                      Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                        SA economy is centralized around certain areas so any second state would either be dirt poor or very depended on SA.
                        So I gather, just as impractical and unworkable in either the short or long run where this two-state bullshit and nonsense is concerned, correct, and from your SA citizenship point of view?
                        Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Great post HMS, thank you for that. I would like to share a parable of sorts I came across concerning South Africa and Mandela. I don't know the original source.

                          Once upon a time, a family called the Blanks decided to build a house in a sunny neighborhood. They were doing a fine job, using quality materials and applying skillful craftsmanship. Nearby lived another group of people, the Swart Gang. The members of the gang lived in holes. They did not know how to build a house nor were they interested in learning, as they preferred to spend all their time fighting one another. When the Swarts saw the Blanks working on their home, they got angry. They said, “This is whole neighborhood should be for us to have our fights and graze our goats. Let’s kill them!”

                          The Swarts set upon the Blanks. Though outnumbered, the Blanks were brave and smart and they beat the Swarts back with ease. Though hurt from the fight, the Swarts did not give up on trying to prevent the house from being built. They threw rocks, they sneaked in at the night and tried to burn it down. The Blanks were always vigilant, however, and the Swarts did not succeed.

                          Finally, in spite of all the harassment and hostility, the Blanks finished their house. The Swarts looked at it with amazement: it was beautiful and strong and filled with furniture and other nice things. The Swarts ached with envy because they knew they would never be able to build a house like that. The leader of the Swart gang was called Madiba and he was smarter than the other Swarts. Madiba said, “Hey, that’s our house too! We’ve been here all this time, so it’s only fair for you to share with us. And there’s more of us than of you, so we get decide how the house is going to be run.”

                          The Blanks said, “No way. It’s our house that we built. You stay out.” And to show they meant what they said, the Blanks put up a tall fence around their house, which they called the “Separation”, and they never allowed any of the Swarts to go beyond it.

                          For a while, things went on much like that. One day, however, the Blanks received a visit from a cousin who lived in a distant neighborhood. These cousin were called the Linkses. One of the Linkses said, “On our way here, we saw the Swarts sitting outside your fence. One of them, named Madiba, who is so very nice, told us you have been mean to them. You have to let them the poor Swarts come in and share your big, comfortable house with them—there’s plenty of room. Most of all, you have to take down that ugly Separation of yours.”

                          “You don’t understand,” said the Blanks. “We’re not friends with them. They’ve never done anything to help us. In fact, they hate us. If we let them in here, they would hit us and worse.”

                          “They have a grievance because you have mistreated them,” said Linkse. “Just let them in and you’ll all be good friends. You’ll see.”

                          The Blanks still refused. Now angry at their cousins for not doing what as they said, the Linkses left. Pretty soon, the Blanks noticed they were no longer being invited for any family get-togethers. Though they could not understand why their cousins were taking the Swarts’ side against them, they were not concerned. They had everything they needed and the Linkses lived far away.

                          As time went by, however, the Blanks who had build the house got old. Their children started running the place. These young ones had never had to fight the Swarts since the Separation protected them. They were tired of being called “meanies” by their cousins and of being excluded from the family get-togethers, especially all the fun games.

                          The young Blanks proudly tore down the Separation and said, “Come right in, Swarts! From now on, this is your house too!”

                          Madiba was the first one to step through the threshold. Smiling he said, “Thank you very much, my brother! We are all brothers now! Now, my brothers, all of you move into this nice broom closet. The rest of the house will be for the Swarts who have waited so long to live here, as I am sure you agree is fair. Also, my brother, give me your wallet.”

                          The Linkses now invite the Blanks to all the family get-togethers. The Blanks don’t usually go because they are afraid to leave their broom closet—the Swarts think it’s a lot of fun to grab the Blank girls and throw them to the ground. Moreover, the Blanks can’t avoid stepping on the dung from the goats the Swarts keep inside the house. And if they make it to their car, they find the Swarts have borrowed the tires, the gasoline, sometimes even the engine. But no one calls the Blanks “meanies” any more, or maybe only once in a while, so they will live happily ever after.

                          THE END

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Wow, if you insert Jews into your little homily Goebbels would have been proud.
                            Credo quia absurdum.


                            Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              Wow, if you insert Jews into your little homily Goebbels would have been proud.
                              Godwin's Law never ceases to amaze.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X