An Ethiopian hero of the Korean War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Ethiopian hero of the Korean War

I thought of putting this in the Korean War section, but I think its appropriate here because African valour goes unrecognized often. Mods may remove.

An Ethiopian hero of the Korean War
    Sixty years ago, Ethiopia was at war. Not in Africa, but thousands of miles away in Korea. This is the story of one Ethiopian officer who won a US gallantry award.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19639459

Great Story

During high school when we were studying the Korean War one of the music teachers was a veteran and he would give a talk with slides of pictures that he took when he was there. He also spent time with the Ethiopians and said that they were magnificent soldiers, brave beyond belief.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
      Prawn heads
      by Karri
      How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
      Today, 11:40
    • Jose50
      Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
      by Jose50
      Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
      Today, 08:41
    • Von Richter
      Sagittarius Rising...
      by Von Richter
      Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
      Today, 01:19
    Working...
    X