Striking SA miners shot down by police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striking SA miners shot down by police

Video of police shooting down a group of striking miners.

Video may be disturbing to some.

http://www.aljazeera.com/
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Just saw it on TV. Very unprofessional, someone started shooting and except 3-4 cops everyone started unloading into the miners - they kept at it far too long for trained police officers, the charge was stopped almost instantly.
    I noticed most of the policemen were black, the one calling to cease fire was white - wonder if he also ordered to shoot in the first place, although I didn't see him firing. I mention this because of SA's history, details like this can turn it into a racial issue.
    Will be waiting on details on how threatened the cops were, on other footage I did see the always present machetes in civillian hands.

Comment

About 2/3 of the way through the video, a police officer goes in near where the casualties are and recovers a handgun. It would appear the miners were armed.
      Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Two policemen were hacked to death by the striking miners earlier in the week, so I doubt the police were feeling well-inclined towards the miners just before the shooting.

Philip
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."ó Bertrand Russell

Comment

Imagine being faced with this lot.

And Michael Caine nowhere to be found.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."ó Bertrand Russell

Comment

Peaceful rallies should be allowed. However, IMHO, if you go into a rally carrying a deadly weapon, that should allow any cop (snipers if possible) to shoot you. To disarm if possible, if not, too bad. A rally with people carrying such weapons as in the picture? It would be folly for the police to let them get close, not when one of the main advantage of firearms is range.
            "We have no white flag."

Comment

And once again we see what happens when people bring knives to gunfights. Obviously the shooting got out of hand, but do you really think you're going to be able to stop the gunfire immediately after someone observed a threat worthy of firing at? As it stands, however, the casualties seem pretty low. 10 dead, out of no fewer than 100 rounds fired. Could have been much worse.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

"Bad boys, bad boys, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when they come for you."

Nice shooting. Very profesisional.
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I don't think the South African Police has ever had a problem shooting people. Of course if the White regime had done it there would be lots of people screaming murder! When a Black Government shoots strikers no one seems to care...

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    I don't think the South African Police has ever had a problem shooting people. Of course if the White regime had done it there would be lots of people screaming murder! When a Black Government shoots strikers no one seems to care...

Pruitt
                    Ten killed is not efficient. Must contract PROC to learn more efficient methods of protest control. Where were the tanks and APCs? Why are protest leaders not spirited away and their families sequestered? Inefficiency!
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The miners where violent and charged the police and where arm end and had killed in the past agglutinating 2 cops (wounding another) the police all so started with tear gas, water canons and stun grenades. This did not stop them they where looking for a fight they got one and lost.
                      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Like a mini version of Omdurman.

Comment

I can't see how the miners can defend their actions here. Charging at armed police with weapons is going to result in violence so why did they do it?

Comment

As Nappy would say, 'A whiff of grapeshot never lets you down!'.

Paul
                            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              I don't think the South African Police has ever had a problem shooting people. Of course if the White regime had done it there would be lots of people screaming murder! When a Black Government shoots strikers no one seems to care...Pruitt
                              Are you suggesting that the apartheid regime did not get cut enough slack? And by no one seeming to care do you mean apart from people in the South African government, unions, opposition parties and members of the public?

The death toll is now said to be more than 30 with dozens more injured. The number of dead looks set to rise.
                              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                              G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X