Lip-Reading of Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lip-Reading of Film

I can't remember if I watched this because someone suggested it from ACG or not, but I thought it worth posting, I apologize if it has already been mentioned.

Skip ahead to about the 3:30 minute mark; this is one of the eeriest things that I have ever seen.

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Thanks, I really enjoyed watching that.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

Thanks! I am usually not in this section of site but the title of the thread got me curious.
      I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
        I can't remember if I watched this because someone suggested it from ACG or not, but I thought it worth posting, I apologize if it has already been mentioned.

Skip ahead to about the 3:30 minute mark; this is one of the eeriest things that I have ever seen.

One thing I noticed - one of the Newfoundland soldiers seemed to be sporting a Mohican haircut. I've heard of soldiers adopting that cut in WW2but it seems the tradition goes back much further.

Comment

That was fascinating Lucky6!

Comment

Voices from the grave. Really interesting!
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Fascinating!

".........a 'forensic lip reader' used by police forces all over the world to put speech to surveillance video."

Very useful.

Philip
              "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Very cool. Great post!
                "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Interesting indeed...thanks for posting!

-Matt
                  SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Working...
                  X