Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military History on Film Forum is Now Open!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral
    started a topic Military History on Film Forum is Now Open!

Military History on Film Forum is Now Open!

All hands, Armchair General is pleased to grant skoblin a Hosted Forum such that he might bring the fruits of his historical film holdings to this community in such form that requests & discussion might flourish! This Forum stands as the point of discussion in conjunction to his website... Please to enjoy yourselves & check out all the wondrous films that skoblin has to offer!

I personally wish to thank skoblin for his offerings to this community...

As an existing member within ACG, we are extremely happy to provide you with this Forum for such a wonderful purpose, skoblin!

Give him a hand, my friends!

Admiral

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    If you haven't been here yet, have fun.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    New WW2 Feature Film - Get Involved

a WW2 feature film

“A compelling human story inspired by true events which shaped the history of the modern world. Masha is a young woman who fights with a small group of Partisans against all odds against Nazi invaders who have occupied her homeland and killed her family”.

The Film will be made on location with a WW2 Renactment Army in a remote wooded area in Ireland.

We are seeking donations to cover the cost of getting this exciting project made. We have opportunities for anyone who is interested in WW2 or who wants to break into the film industry. Become a part of our film either as an Executive Produced or an Actor in return for a donation towards our production costs.

We are part financing the film ourselves and we have our own equipment, cast and locations. We are seeking a remaining €10.000 to complete our film. All contributions welcome.

The film is written and will be directed by an award winning Director and DOP.

For more information and details of our cast, crew and the script please reply here.

We are also seeking a russian uniform replica for our female lead character (size small to medium) along with a hat. Or anyone with old German or Russian replica gear please get in touch. The condition doesn’t matter to much as the scenes will be shot in a muddy trench. All ideas and suggestion more than welcome. Any contributors will be credits and thanked in the films credits and will receive the film on DVD.

Please get behind us and help make our film possible.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Thanks to nikolas93TS, we will now have translations of some of the Italian newsreels - starting with:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...1&postcount=34

Thanks Nik!

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    I can see by the number of hits your forum has had, it has been a huge success . Excellent stuff . Tanks and the Eastern Front seem the most popular destinations .

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    If he was brother in law to Eva, does that make him Hitlers brother ?
    You would think that...but...no...Eva had a sister...who was married to Fegelein.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by skoblin View Post
    Nope. Sorry. It was SS Commander Hermann Fegelein, brother in law to Eva Braun. Executed during the last days in the Bunker.
    I just went through all those tried at Nuremburg and chose the closest face . Obviously not the right method .

If he was brother in law to Eva, does that make him Hitlers brother ?

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Guessing here, but it looks like Baldur Benedikt von Schirach , who denounced Hitler at the Nuremburg trials. Sent to prison for 30 years, but released in 66 .
    Nope. Sorry. It was SS Commander Hermann Fegelein, brother in law to Eva Braun. Executed during the last days in the Bunker.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    And a trivia question.....can anyone name the man sitting next to Albert Speer and what was his fate?
    Guessing here, but it looks like Baldur Benedikt von Schirach , who denounced Hitler at the Nuremburg trials. Sent to prison for 30 years, but released in 66 .

Edit: Just become a member of your site .
    Last edited by Nick the Noodle; 20 Apr 09, 07:37.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    And a trivia question.....can anyone name the man sitting next to Albert Speer and what was his fate?

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    New site is almost ready...some minor tweaking left....then will resume posting

http://www.newsreel-archive.net/beta/media/18/x/

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    I'm working on the template for my new site.....should be done in the next few days.
    I need a fix too .

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
    Hey, long time no videos. What's the deal? I need a fix!!!!

I figure you've probably been busy, so I'll have to wait. Hopefully not too long.
    I'm working on the template for my new site.....should be done in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Hey, long time no videos. What's the deal? I need a fix!!!!

I figure you've probably been busy, so I'll have to wait. Hopefully not too long.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    Just watched it, would not play on the works PC's!

Just to let you know I've a decent connection, but the film kept stopping to load. Don't know if thats a UK thing?
    I had no problem viewing. Nice mix with the song!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X