Real & Hollywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real & Hollywood

I like to "collect" both types. The Hollywood versions do have a message, sometimes easy , sometimes not. The gun camera footage is good, except it's all Germans, shooting up B-17s & some fighters. Also, Newsreels of Germany as the Nazis took power.
    A great documentry series narrated by Eisenhower. The carrier cameras captured some good footage of how dangerous it is on a flight deck.

I have some of the best hollywood could offer in the last5 years, only problem, triggers my PTSD, to 'graphic'. But those good ole '50s movies, though emotional sometimes, like "Bridges of Toko Ri", or just good ole American guys "The Hunters", even "Attack Force Z", Mel Gibson movie filled with ironic moments. My grandson(10) thinks they have to be in color to be good. "Fix Bayonets", "Attack", "Twelve O'Clock High" are really good movies.

The bottom line I guess is "authenticity", do they look like something that could ahve happened. "Attack" show the strong leadship of a sargent vs a weak Captain. Gruesome, blood 7 guts flyinmh all over is more "graphic".
    It's up to your tastes
    Last edited by Skoblin; 17 Nov 11, 05:01.

Originally posted by Gencallan View Post
    The gun camera footage is good, except it's all Germans, shooting up B-17s & some fighters.
    Allen, there are DVDs available showing Allied gun camera footage. There was quite a bit recorded during the war - both in the ETO and the PTO.

Comment

The old 50s movies mixed in a lot of fiction with facts. For the most accurate picture using real combat footage, watch the Victory at Sea series.

You can purchase the complete DVD series or watch it at this link. http://victoryatseaonline.com/
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
        The old 50s movies mixed in a lot of fiction with facts. For the most accurate picture using real combat footage, watch the Victory at Sea series.

You can purchase the complete DVD series or watch it at this link. http://victoryatseaonline.com/
        That series was really good (I have the collector's VHS series), but I was STUNNED they made absolutely NO mention of the Bismarck chase.

-Matt
        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X