Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went and saw Cowboys versus Aliens today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went and saw Cowboys versus Aliens today..

Actually the movie was not so bad, as the actors went a long way to sell the movie. I saw a bit of Indiana Jones in Harrison Ford's role, but he can probably use that until he dies. Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde were pretty good as well.

Compared to all the Kiddie movies I could have gone to, this movie was better than I expected. (I thank God I did not have my daughter with me or I would have had to see the Smurfs...).

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

What I really want to see is Cowboys & Illegal Aliens. The footage could be shot in Arizona.
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 08 Aug 11, 00:15.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Well the movie was supposed to be in New Mexico! Think Roswell..

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

My parents said it was a good movie for both kids and adults to see. That's rare these days.
        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
          What I really want to see is Cowboys & Illegal Aliens. The footage could be shot in Arizona.
          Why? Is Los Angeles booked for something else?

Comment

When I saw "Cowboys & Aliens" a couple of young girls (probably around 10 or 12 years-old) snuck in near the end of the movie and sat next to me in 2 empty seats. They came in right at the beginning of the climatic battle. They cringed through the whole thing and looked fairly terrified/traumatized.

Comment

I would also recommend it. The wife and I both liked it.
              Are we there yet?

Comment

IMHO merely "OK".

The elements for something brilliant were there, the mysterious stranger, western town and aliens!

I found it started to come apart when they felt compelled to explain the mysterious stranger. The explanation was weak and contradicted the actions of the characters. Beside, you don't explain the mysterious stranger, he just "IS" (think Clint Eastwood and the man with no name).

And the aliens of course are:
                a. Stupid; and
                b. have alien motives, which translates as stupid.

The actors did a great job selling it, with better material (maybe even just one more look-see by the writers), it would have been awesome.
                Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadkiller View Post
                  I found it started to come apart when they felt compelled to explain the mysterious stranger. The explanation was weak and contradicted the actions of the characters. Beside, you don't explain the mysterious stranger, he just "IS" (think Clint Eastwood and the man with no name).
                  I disagree with you here. The man-with-no-name thing worked for Eastwood in those movies, but would have made this movie ridiculous. I didn't find the explanation for Daniel Craig's character weak or contradictory. They HAD to explain why he has an alien weapon, etc.

I thought the movie was very strong.
                  Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

that all sounds real good fellas, will have to ring up the movie wife and organise a vewiing session...

Comment

Bring a flashlight.

Its another pitch black movie.

I hate that trend of movie.

Darkness sucks. But is cheap to provide.
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I liked it. Had fun watchin it, ate my popcorn and drank my soda. Didn't fall asleep

Comment

Thar's gold in them thar hills? Really? Are the aliens making jewelry?
                          Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                          Hyperwar, Whats New
                          World War II Resources
                          The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Why? Is Los Angeles booked for something else?

Yep, it was demolished in the Battle For Las Angles by another invasion from outer space, then by a huge earthquake in 2012, and became a place for "Snake" Pliston to visit in Escape From Los Angles before he set off the doomdays device with the numeric code 666.
                            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I asked my three teenage children if they wanted to see the film, they were not interested saying the reviews were not good.

So I sahll now have to wait for the DVD.
                              War is less costly than servitude

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X