Yamato - Now on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato - Now on Amazon

Awhile back someone posted some clips from the movie Yamato. If anyone wants to see the movie Amazon has it. I highly reccomend it. I just viewed the movie. They did a bang up job rendering the battleship and it's a fine film. I heard the film was hated by the Chinese. Can't see why since it didn't glorify imperial Japan at all. The film followed the same theme as Letters From Iwo Jima. in that is shows men doing what they do not out of any political fervor, but simply to defend their country and live their lives as honorably as they can. Great film, a worthwhile addition to my warship movie collection.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Otoko-tachi no Yamato is a great film. The graphic presentation of the Yamato is realistic and dynamic. It is a bit long but the plot is well done and the acting over the top in a good way. Very emotional film. Well worth the price.

Comment

I have this film for a few years now. Saw it once and never had the urge to revisit it again.

There are two good battle scenes, but both had the usual Japanese 'samurai-stand-at-your-post-and-die horribly' cliches in them. And then, in between the battle scenes, you have long stretches of typical Japanese melodrama that is grating at times.

I will describe this as a Youtube movie. If you can find the most exciting part of the movie on Youtube, then there's really no point buying or watching the whole movie. If you can find the two battle scenes on youtube, then there's no need to buy the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
        I have this film for a few years now. Saw it once and never had the urge to revisit it again.

There are two good battle scenes, but both had the usual Japanese 'samurai-stand-at-your-post-and-die horribly' cliches in them. And then, in between the battle scenes, you have long stretches of typical Japanese melodrama that is grating at times.

I will describe this as a Youtube movie. If you can find the most exciting part of the movie on Youtube, then there's really no point buying or watching the whole movie. If you can find the two battle scenes on youtube, then there's no need to buy the movie.
        Now I rather enjoyed watcing the renderings of the battleship and I didn't think the acting grating at all. A tad winded, but not grating.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

For those we loved

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
          Now I rather enjoyed watcing the renderings of the battleship and I didn't think the acting grating at all. A tad winded, but not grating.
          I liked this movie a lot, and was acting concerns, i believe that is more a cultural issue.
          Me for instance have a problem with "singing" movies from India.
          Or with "flying people" in chinese martial art movies.
          But that is just like a cultural thing, I'm not judging them.

But I did really like this new (2008 production) japanese WW2 Kamikaze
          film, and i found the acting a tad better than in Oka tachi Yamamoto:

Comment

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
            I liked this movie a lot, and was acting concerns, i believe that is more a cultural issue.
            Me for instance have a problem with "singing" movies from India.
            Some of the songs I like, most are obnoxious. Inevitably I hit the fast forward button.

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
            Or with "flying people" in chinese martial art movies.
            That bugs me too. Check out Kingdom of War. It's set in Siam, has lots of intrigue and battle, and they obey the laws of physics.

Comment

Dang no netflix yet!
              Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dano View Post
                Dang no netflix yet!
                Netlfix has been going downhill for the past few years. They jacked up their rates while having a poorer selection. Most of the foreign films they do have are on waiting lists a mile long and even mainstream movies have availability issues because they won't stock to meet demand. I fired them about a year ago and just purchase the foreign movies I'm looking for a la carte off of Amazon and grocery store rent the mainstreams. Beats waiting anywhere from a week to a month to get anything.

They used to be great but they're headed for the tar pits.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                  Netlfix has been going downhill for the past few years. They jacked up their rates while having a poorer selection. Most of the foreign films they do have are on waiting lists a mile long and even mainstream movies have availability issues because they won't stock to meet demand. I fired them about a year ago and just purchase the foreign movies I'm looking for a la carte off of Amazon and grocery store rent the mainstreams. Beats waiting anywhere from a week to a month to get anything.

They used to be great but they're headed for the tar pits.
                  REally we get ours within two days. Since we live in Austin I see them either come in from Huston or Dallas so wait time for me is no issue. Now I wish they had a request button but none as of yet.
                  Are we there yet?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X