Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    True enough.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    IIRC, a major portion of the Defense communications network is hardened against EMP.
    Yes, but not the civilian one - a few nukes on major ground stations and orbital satellites would wreck that.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    IIRC, a major portion of the Defense communications network is hardened against EMP.

If EMP were employed, then most of the vehicles should not be working, nor anything else.

This would be a better series with a different lead star. Library Man just doesn't inspire me.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee
    replied
    True any agressor worth his salt would take out the comm. as soon as possiable so thier enemy could not call for assaitence from any other place near or far .

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied
    It's interesting that there is never a comment about how things are going in the rest of the world, presumably invaded at the same time.
    The initial attack involved global EMP strikes and basically took out the international communications infrastructure; note the lack of any radio communications over a noticeable distance. One would also imagine that any boating behind sight of land is a highly risky proposition.

If they can't even be sure what's happened in the next town, they're not going to have the faintest clue what's happened in Mexico or for that matter Japan.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    It's interesting that there is never a comment about how things are going in the rest of the world, presumably invaded at the same time.

At times, it seems to me that this series is actually pro-terrorism, as the Americans, cast as "freedom fighters", are in fact acting the role of terrorists the world over.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Hunter
    replied

I won't even comment on the miraculous shot with the unguided RPG...
    He also described it as "Army issue". Yeah - in Russia.

Leave a comment:

• FTCS
    replied
    Agree with The Doctor....."Seems like I have seen it before". We watched a couple of episodes then came to the conclusion that basically the same attempt to get you hooked into a poor plot line but have to continue to see where it ends. Not going to work with us.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
    So what did you guys think of the season finale.

I did not expect the ending. Looking forward to what next season brings.
    The ending made no sense at all from a practical standpoint. I suppose it was intended to portray the main character's love for his son and his willingness to sacrifice himself to save him, which is the actual theme of this series from all appearances, but from a practical viewpoint, it was just plain stupid.

The Resistance traded their second-in-command, and all of his intelligence on plans, intentions, equipment, personnel, other units - the whole ball of wax - for a kid that they were told they would lose anyway.

No sane military commander would make such a deal.

I won't even comment on the miraculous shot with the unguided RPG...

Leave a comment:

• Yankee
    replied
    They always end with a cliffhanger nowadays. All I have to say is TV watchership must be pretty bad if they need to do that to bring back the viewers next season. If I like a show I'm coming back no matter what happens.Yes, Yes he walked into the aliien space craft unless he wants off the show he's going to be alright.

Leave a comment:

• SoccerDJ
    replied
    So what did you guys think of the season finale.

I did not expect the ending. Looking forward to what next season brings.

Leave a comment:

• TRDG
    replied
    Its the last show I "on demand" over each weekend before going back to work, but I still watch it.

Its ok, but yes there just seems to be no "drive" in each episode, just another sci fi soap opera to watch when nothing else is on to "demand" to kill some time while on the computer surfing....

Cheers, one good thing is that more and more of these companies are stepping up trying to get a good series launched, and that is a plus I think at least.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
    A couple very interesting developments in tonights episode. Im looking forward to how they wrap up the season with next weeks 2hr season finale.
    They don't plan to "wrap up" anything. As is customary in these series, they will leave it all hanging in the hops of a second season.

Certainly, they aren't going to become any more intelligent about how they approach the alien problem. So far, the only development of any kind is the discovery that the skimmers are themselves "harnessed" by the new alone form that has made it's appearance.

Leave a comment:

• SoccerDJ
    replied
    A couple very interesting developments in tonights episode. Im looking forward to how they wrap up the season with next weeks 2hr season finale.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    It's disappointing, to say the least, and takes great liberties with anything approaching reality.

The principle character is the guy from the Librarian films, and is all too obviously a still portraying himself in the role.

THe contradictions are too numerous to completely catalog, but start with operating old vehiocles but not taking new four-wheel drives, having constabnt access to gas, but not to canned and packaged foods, lots of sophisticated meds and medical supplies, but a hodge-podge of weapons requiring multiple different ammo types, and apparently no concept of how to "scout".

Scouting on motorcycles looks cool, but isn't a good idea if noise gives you away. Of course, the aliens don't seem able to fin rebel groups in lit up buildings with music playing and people wandering about everywhere, so maybe tat isn't a problem after all.

Despite the weapons culture of a lot of Americans and the quasi-military status of the rebel groups, no one has a clue how to handle mechs, and no research is underway to determine the best way to attack and stop them. At the very least, larger caliber weapons seem indicated in an effort to punch through the mech's outer skin, but again, we have largely nine millimeter except for the occassional AK-47, and everybody has those fancy combat telescopic sights, even at close range. Where are the large caliber, high velocity hunting rifles? Where are the weapons from National Guard and active military armories?

After that, it's pretty much downhill all the way, a cheap knock-off of "V".

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X