No announcement yet.

Falling Skies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the last show I "on demand" over each weekend before going back to work, but I still watch it.

Its ok, but yes there just seems to be no "drive" in each episode, just another sci fi soap opera to watch when nothing else is on to "demand" to kill some time while on the computer surfing....

Cheers, one good thing is that more and more of these companies are stepping up trying to get a good series launched, and that is a plus I think at least.

Tom

Comment

So what did you guys think of the season finale.

I did not expect the ending. Looking forward to what next season brings.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

They always end with a cliffhanger nowadays. All I have to say is TV watchership must be pretty bad if they need to do that to bring back the viewers next season. If I like a show I'm coming back no matter what happens.Yes, Yes he walked into the aliien space craft unless he wants off the show he's going to be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
          So what did you guys think of the season finale.

I did not expect the ending. Looking forward to what next season brings.
          The ending made no sense at all from a practical standpoint. I suppose it was intended to portray the main character's love for his son and his willingness to sacrifice himself to save him, which is the actual theme of this series from all appearances, but from a practical viewpoint, it was just plain stupid.

The Resistance traded their second-in-command, and all of his intelligence on plans, intentions, equipment, personnel, other units - the whole ball of wax - for a kid that they were told they would lose anyway.

No sane military commander would make such a deal.

I won't even comment on the miraculous shot with the unguided RPG...
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Agree with The Doctor....."Seems like I have seen it before". We watched a couple of episodes then came to the conclusion that basically the same attempt to get you hooked into a poor plot line but have to continue to see where it ends. Not going to work with us.
            Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I won't even comment on the miraculous shot with the unguided RPG...
              He also described it as "Army issue". Yeah - in Russia.
              Silent Hunter UK
              Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

It's interesting that there is never a comment about how things are going in the rest of the world, presumably invaded at the same time.

At times, it seems to me that this series is actually pro-terrorism, as the Americans, cast as "freedom fighters", are in fact acting the role of terrorists the world over.

Comment

It's interesting that there is never a comment about how things are going in the rest of the world, presumably invaded at the same time.
                  The initial attack involved global EMP strikes and basically took out the international communications infrastructure; note the lack of any radio communications over a noticeable distance. One would also imagine that any boating behind sight of land is a highly risky proposition.

If they can't even be sure what's happened in the next town, they're not going to have the faintest clue what's happened in Mexico or for that matter Japan.
                  Silent Hunter UK

Personal Blog

Comment

True any agressor worth his salt would take out the comm. as soon as possiable so thier enemy could not call for assaitence from any other place near or far .

Comment

IIRC, a major portion of the Defense communications network is hardened against EMP.

If EMP were employed, then most of the vehicles should not be working, nor anything else.

This would be a better series with a different lead star. Library Man just doesn't inspire me.

Comment

IIRC, a major portion of the Defense communications network is hardened against EMP.
                        Yes, but not the civilian one - a few nukes on major ground stations and orbital satellites would wreck that.
                        Silent Hunter UK

Personal Blog

Comment

True enough.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X