Falling Skies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling Skies

Anybody else watching the TNT series Falling Skies?

http://www.tnt.tv/series/fallingskies/

Have watched it from the beginning and find it very well done...But...they really need to pick up the pace on the storyline imho. I really need some more background on the Skitters and why they're here.

Feedback?
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I've been trying to keep up with it and have enjoyed it so far. As long as they don't become too drama ridden or overly subplot thick, it should be a good series.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

As much as I like the post-apocalyptic genre, I had to stop watching it, the acting and dialogs are of really poor quality.

Comment

I tried watching it... But, it seemed like I'd seen it before.

Kind of like a hybrid of Spielberg's War of the Worlds and V.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

What Boonie said to the latter.

Comment

I've been enjoying watching it as well but then again I am a sucker for the Post-Apoc Genre

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Im watching it as well but I don't think Im wild about it yet. Its one of those that I keep tuning in to watch but... I dunno
              I've always tried to teach you two things 007. First, never let them see you bleed.
              And the second?
              Always have an escape plan.
              -Q

Comment

I'm watching it. It's a bit strange watching it after that "Alien Invasion" doc on National Geographic...
                Silent Hunter UK
                Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

I've watched the first episodes but I'm not sure if I'll stay with it
                  Its not bad...but its not that good either

Comment

Originally posted by redcoat View Post
                    I've watched the first episodes but I'm not sure if I'll stay with it
                    Its not bad...but its not that good either
                    That's about my thought as well. But at the same time, there's nothing else on worth watching either. I DVR it, and watch it on my own time.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                      That's about my thought as well. But at the same time, there's nothing else on worth watching either. I DVR it, and watch it on my own time.
                      That's exactly the same as me. I record it on Sunday and watch it later. I did see the previews for next week said only 2 more episodes. Not sure if that means it all done, or they were seeing how the ratings were to see if there will be a Season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                        I'm only home two days out of the week so I catch it On Demand. At least then, I can fast forward through the commercials.
                        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

It's disappointing, to say the least, and takes great liberties with anything approaching reality.

The principle character is the guy from the Librarian films, and is all too obviously a still portraying himself in the role.

THe contradictions are too numerous to completely catalog, but start with operating old vehiocles but not taking new four-wheel drives, having constabnt access to gas, but not to canned and packaged foods, lots of sophisticated meds and medical supplies, but a hodge-podge of weapons requiring multiple different ammo types, and apparently no concept of how to "scout".

Scouting on motorcycles looks cool, but isn't a good idea if noise gives you away. Of course, the aliens don't seem able to fin rebel groups in lit up buildings with music playing and people wandering about everywhere, so maybe tat isn't a problem after all.

Despite the weapons culture of a lot of Americans and the quasi-military status of the rebel groups, no one has a clue how to handle mechs, and no research is underway to determine the best way to attack and stop them. At the very least, larger caliber weapons seem indicated in an effort to punch through the mech's outer skin, but again, we have largely nine millimeter except for the occassional AK-47, and everybody has those fancy combat telescopic sights, even at close range. Where are the large caliber, high velocity hunting rifles? Where are the weapons from National Guard and active military armories?

After that, it's pretty much downhill all the way, a cheap knock-off of "V".
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

A couple very interesting developments in tonights episode. Im looking forward to how they wrap up the season with next weeks 2hr season finale.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
                              A couple very interesting developments in tonights episode. Im looking forward to how they wrap up the season with next weeks 2hr season finale.
                              They don't plan to "wrap up" anything. As is customary in these series, they will leave it all hanging in the hops of a second season.

Certainly, they aren't going to become any more intelligent about how they approach the alien problem. So far, the only development of any kind is the discovery that the skimmers are themselves "harnessed" by the new alone form that has made it's appearance.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X