Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best ever Finnish war movie now available to acg folks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I've watched the movie and overall I enjoyed it.

Not really knowing much about the Finnish conflict except the basics, I feel like this movie gave me a new dimension of the conflict I didn't have before. I was really suprised the way religion was portrayed. The movie also did a good job showing just how much open space they had...with hundred mile gaps that were just unknown as to enemy dispositions.

As a person who rides mountain bikes a lot, I was fascinated by this platoon riding around on bikes in the forest. In fact, the scenery reminds me very much of certain parts of Colorado.

The love story was OK, and to me seemed more of an allegory relating to the suffering of Finland during the war(she starts out strong, then brutalized, but in the end survives and shines brightly once again). Not really a "hollywood love story."

I expected more fighting to be honest, and the movie is more of a tense war-drama, rather than a "War" film per se (A Bridge Too Far is on the opposite spectrum). The fighting they did have was done pretty well. Most of the story is the platoon riding around, investigating empty villages, tyring to make sense of where their enemy was at.

It did serve one purpose for me however, in that I now want to learn more about the war in Finland while this movie is fresh in my mind! Thanks for pointing me to it!
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT
      OK, I've watched the movie and overall I enjoyed it.

Not really knowing much about the Finnish conflict except the basics, I feel like this movie gave me a new dimension of the conflict I didn't have before. I was really suprised the way religion was portrayed. The movie also did a good job showing just how much open space they had...with hundred mile gaps that were just unknown as to enemy dispositions.

As a person who rides mountain bikes a lot, I was fascinated by this platoon riding around on bikes in the forest. In fact, the scenery reminds me very much of certain parts of Colorado.

The love story was OK, and to me seemed more of an allegory relating to the suffering of Finland during the war(she starts out strong, then brutalized, but in the end survives and shines brightly once again). Not really a "hollywood love story."

I expected more fighting to be honest, and the movie is more of a tense war-drama, rather than a "War" film per se (A Bridge Too Far is on the opposite spectrum). The fighting they did have was done pretty well. Most of the story is the platoon riding around, investigating empty villages, tyring to make sense of where their enemy was at.

It did serve one purpose for me however, in that I now want to learn more about the war in Finland while this movie is fresh in my mind! Thanks for pointing me to it!
      Well thanks for the honest review Brian.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X