• Show
Clear All

...and...?
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
      ...and...?

Jose... "Snog - marry - avoid" is a common game/theme played here in the U.K. I just appropriated it for the forum.

I suppose it is "snog" rather than "shag" because this is much milder and less likely to give offense which means the game can more easily be played in mixed company.

Anyway... as I said... I didn't invent the game... "Snog - marry - avoid" is already well established.
      Last edited by Tommy Atkins; 07 May 11, 09:34.

Comment

...oops! I beg your pardon...

...Oh, didn't know about the Brit game. Here in the US (well...back in the day...) we played a similar game called "Find 'em, [email protected](k 'em, and forget(avoid) 'em"....not the same though, huh?

Last edited by Jose50; 07 May 11, 09:37.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

My British Version

This is composed of the ladies from 'over 'ome.

Snog: Sienna Miller (Blonde or Brunette)

Marry: Billie (Don't care if she's Bi)

Avoid: Amy Winehouse (Obvious why)

Cheers,
          Dan.
          So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Snog - Lara off Tomb Raider. We go way back.

Marry - Thelma off Scooby Doo. We could travel the world in a van and have adventures.

Avoid - The Princess off Shrek. I know the whole point was that inside she is beautiful. But **** that, I'm shallow.

Comment

If so, I'll agree with Yankee and snog and marry Dana Delaney...had the hots for her since "China Beach"...
              I said Snog Scarlett Johanson so sexy and marry Danna Delany and yes I had the hots for her since China Beach you are right .

Comment

...Oh, didn't know about the Brit game. Here in the US (well...back in the day...) we played a similar game called "Find 'em, [email protected](k 'em, and forget(avoid) 'em"....not the same though, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Atkins View Post
                  Snog = Heavy petting. (Heated kiss and cuddle)
                  Tommy, I appreciate your sensitivity, but whenever I fantasize about Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island, I always promise myself I will respect her and not go beyond snogging. I am ashamed to admit that I always end up shagging her. I feel so dirty. I wish I was as strong as you.

Last edited by warmoviebuff; 07 May 11, 23:31.

Comment

Originally posted by warmoviebuff View Post
                    Tommy, I appreciate your sensitivity, but whenever I fantasize about Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island, I always promise myself I will respect her and not go beyond snogging. I am ashamed to admit that I always end up shagging her. I feel so dirty. I wish I was as strong as you.

Don't we all I feel the same about Scarlette Johanson. Next time you guys see The Nanny Diares keep and eye out for the scean were she's crossing the street pushing the babby stroller . The director gave a close up and for good reason . And after you watch that look for Ironman 2 her in the black leather jump suit

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Atkins View Post
                      Jose... "Snog - marry - avoid" is a common game/theme played here in the U.K. I just appropriated it for the forum.

I suppose it is "snog" rather than "shag" because this is much milder and less likely to give offense which means the game can more easily be played in mixed company.

Anyway... as I said... I didn't invent the game... "Snog - marry - avoid" is already well established.

We've always called it "Do-Date-Dump". We Americans are laconic types, don't waste words.
                      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                        We've always called it "Do-Date-Dump". We Americans are laconic types, don't waste words.
                        Yeah, but sometimes it's better to travel than arrive

Comment

For the non Australian posters to the forum , Lavinia Nixon was a co host of a Saturday night variety/ light entertainment show. Jennie Pratt is the widow of Richard Pratt, worth mega bucks.

now referring to Gilligans island, it seems obvious,
                          shag GINGER
                          marry MARYANNE
                          avoid Mrs HOWELL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X