Unintentionally Funny Movie Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintentionally Funny Movie Lines

I was watching Red Cliff yesterday. There was one scene where, after getting his handed to him by Cao Cao, Liu Bei says, defiantly says "This is not the worst defeat I have had!" and goes on to talk about continuing the fight against Cao Cao. I started laughing when I heard that. I couldn't help but think "Is this something you really want to be bragging about?" Your scratching the bottom of the barrell for comebacks when your best retort is "You ain't got nothing, the last guy I fought kicked my a whole lot harder than you did!"

Does anybody else have a movie line to share that was meant to be taken seriously but, when uttered, just sounded kind of silly?
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

I've mentioned it a couple of times on the movie forum already... but Demi Moore in G.I. Jane telling the Marine Sergeant who beats the crap out of her to...
    "Suck my dick"
    is hilarious for all the wrong reasons and has to be one of the worse lines ever. It is supposed to signify a moment of triumph and defience but it doesn't. It's just very silly.

Comment

Armageddon... The entire script is unintentionally funny... Even the intentionally funny parts of the script are unintentionally funny because the movie is so technically and scientifically flawed.

Some “highlights”...

Bruce Willis as Harry Stamper: "I have been drilling holes in the earth for thirty years. And I have never, *never* missed a depth that I have aimed for. And by God, I am not gonna miss this one!"

You can't aim for or miss a “depth” (z). You can aim for and miss a target (x, y, z).

Bruce Willis as Harry Stamper: “If we don't put this bomb down in a hole 800 feet onto a fault line, all you're gonna have is a real expensive fireworks show.”

They landed 26 miles away from the proposed well location... Even if they had some means of knowing that they could intersect a major fault plane at a depth of 800' at the proposed location (Which they couldn't)... That same fault would not still be at a depth of 800' unless the 26 miles was exactly along the fault's strike direction.

Movie tag line... “When an asteroid the size of Texas is headed for Earth the world's best deep core drilling team is sent to nuke the rock from the inside.”

“Deep core drilling team”???
      Last edited by The Doctor; 26 Apr 11, 11:50.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
        I was watching Red Cliff yesterday. There was one scene where, after getting his handed to him by Cao Cao, Liu Bei says, defiantly says "This is not the worst defeat I have had!" and goes on to talk about continuing the fight against Cao Cao. I started laughing when I heard that. I couldn't help but think "Is this something you really want to be bragging about?" Your scratching the bottom of the barrell for comebacks when your best retort is "You ain't got nothing, the last guy I fought kicked my a whole lot harder than you did!"

Does anybody else have a movie line to share that was meant to be taken seriously but, when uttered, just sounded kind of silly?
        That is hilarious! There must be a thousand such things, but for some reason I can't think of any right now.
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        — Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

In the calssic movie "Belle Star " Star Jean Tierny says
          " It not that the yankees fought a war destroyed my farm . It's bigger than that . " Well some were along those lines . I mean how much more of a proublem could there be ?

Comment

I remember seeing in the movie Jesse James, (Tyrone Power - Henry fonda) 1939 a scene that shouldn't have got past the t.v. censors for afternoon viewing as it did...

During a family conference early on in the movie an uncle learns that Jesse and Frank have shot someone, (or something like that), and he says something along the lines of... "Well that's bolloxed that up".

Now I don't know if this was an British writer who had managed to slip one past his American mates or if it was just one of those things that is lost in translation... But over this side of the pond that is very rude and would never get into a U certificate movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Atkins View Post
              I remember seeing in the movie Jesse James, (Tyrone Power - Henry fonda) 1939 a scene that shouldn't have got past the t.v. censors for afternoon viewing as it did...

During a family conference early on in the movie an uncle learns that Jesse and Frank have shot someone, (or something like that), and he says something along the lines of... "Well that's bolloxed that up".

Now I don't know if this was an British writer who had managed to slip one past his American mates or if it was just one of those things that is lost in translation... But over this side of the pond that is very rude and would never get into a U certificate movie.
              Thanks a long time ago ( 1972 ) I took a trip to the U.K. and found out what that meant. I used it all the time untill I was told diffrently .

Comment

With the benefit of hind sight, pretty much all of Shatner's dialogue on the original Star Trek was pretty funny. I think it had a lot to do with his delivery as well. No offense to any 'Trekkies'.
                "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
                  With the benefit of hind sight, pretty much all of Shatner's dialogue on the original Star Trek was pretty funny. I think it had a lot to do with his delivery as well. No offense to any 'Trekkies'.
                  None taken . He did talk funny in that show . With him pauseing in his speech. Did you read any of his Tek War books . He writes the way he talks .
                  " For how long will that last Spock...for ...how long ? "

Comment

Film line that had me howling in mockery?

Ride, Postman, Riiiide!!!!
                    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Ben Affleck's line in Pearl Harbor.

Ben Affleck- You are so beautiful it hurts.
                      Kate Beckinsale- It's your nose that hurts.
                      Ben Affleck- I think it's my heart.

Comment

In Dodge City Errol Flynn takes a prisoner to the railroad and says to the man on the train.
                        " I've got a prisoner for Wichita . " Now I know it's spelled that way but I was always taught to pronouce it like Wichitaw .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X