The Stargate Series & Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stargate Series & Movie

Okay if anybody has already started a thread on this I'm sorry but I didn't feel like plowing thru all of those threads to find out . And if they did please redirect me . Now that that's over how many fans of the two Staragte Series do we have here. I like Satgate SG-1 with Colonel Jack O'Niel and his crew each week going thru the gate and finding something new. And Satrgate Atlantis with Colonel John Sephard and his crew doing the same thing. But I can't stand the new one . The whole thing is that they strayed from the fromat ( Which was working) and basicly it' good guys :
    Jack O'Neil and his crew or John Shepard and his crew vs. The bad guys The Goa'lds or the Wraith . And they went with a soap opera type of foramt . No good at all folks . I hope they come up with another Stargate series soon .

That's it don't all rush to post at once . One at a time please one at a time

Comment

I think voyager is dead (it certainly should be) even my girlfriend who loved the rest of stargate got tired of it and stopped watching it in the end (thank god).
      AFAIK there are no new Stargate projects in the works.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
        I think voyager is dead (it certainly should be) even my girlfriend who loved the rest of stargate got tired of it and stopped watching it in the end (thank god).
        AFAIK there are no new Stargate projects in the works.
        Ah ... Voyager was a star trek series and yes as far as anybody knows there is no Satrgate series at all. But I read some were on the internet it's because the man who created SGU threw a fit after he was told his show was cancled and swore he would hold up any new Stargate series until they put his back show back on. Now I don't know who he is or how he can do this does anybody ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
          Ah ... Voyager was a star trek series and yes as far as anybody knows there is no Satrgate series at all. But I read some were on the internet it's because the man who created SGU threw a fit after he was told his show was cancled and swore he would hold up any new Stargate series until they put his back show back on. Now I don't know who he is or how he can do this does anybody ?
          Ah, yes, universe. I must have wiped its name from my mind (though to be fair Voyager also sucked).
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
            Ah, yes, universe. I must have wiped its name from my mind (though to be fair Voyager also sucked).
            I'll agree on both points but be prepared they still have ten , Count them ,ten episodes Of SGU left so your senses will still be assualted for a little bit longer .

Comment

Love SG-1.
              Watched one episode of Atlantis and went back to SG-1.
              Never seen anything else in the franchise.
              Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
                I'll agree on both points but be prepared they still have ten , Count them ,ten episodes Of SGU left so your senses will still be assualted for a little bit longer .
                Weíve stopped watching it. I donít think the girlfriend cares enough to even look to see if itís still on at this point.

Comment

I loved SG-1 although the later episodes with the Ori were perhaps not as strong. They had strong and well developed characters and found interesting ways to keep a decade long conflict going without straining disbelief (too much.)

They also actually tried to make the military setting at least partially believable with promotions, discipline issues, and changes of command.

Atlantis never quite caught on with me. The characters were not bad but the scripts did not seem as original. The wraith made for an interesting enemy and some shows were fairly decent. I still watch it occasionally.

Stargate Universe lost me as soon as they introduced the body switching technology as the primary means of communication with Earth. As a one-off on SG-1 it was trite but almost humorous. As a regular feature in multiple episodes of 'Universe it was irritating and boring.
                  Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                    I loved SG-1 although the later episodes with the Ori were perhaps not as strong. They had strong and well developed characters and found interesting ways to keep a decade long conflict going without straining disbelief (too much.)

They also actually tried to make the military setting at least partially believable with promotions, discipline issues, and changes of command.

Atlantis never quite caught on with me. The characters were not bad but the scripts did not seem as original. The wraith made for an interesting enemy and some shows were fairly decent. I still watch it occasionally.

Stargate Universe lost me as soon as they introduced the body switching technology as the primary means of communication with Earth. As a one-off on SG-1 it was trite but almost humorous. As a regular feature in multiple episodes of 'Universe it was irritating and boring.
                    Okay I agree on most . I like Atlantis though because at least it was something . But SG-1 was the best and the strongest but they were ageing so they had to make a change . I liked that the Wraith later on could give back life and one of them did it to Sheaprd after they both ecaped from a Genni prison as reward . Sheaprd later on took him thru a Stargate to a planet to were the Warith would find him . Also Sheaprd forced on of them to give the life back to that Milatary girl , who liked Sheaprd or so it seemed I think they were called Travelers . They had the ships jury rigged so it looked like they would blow up any moment and the girls forced Sheapard to help her get the captured Wraith mother ship and they took that into their fleet .

Comment

The Stargate SG-1 series was quite good, my wife loves the show and even watches the re-runs.
                      The Stargate Atlantis series was poor to start with but it got better as it went on.
                      Stargate Universe is a lot darker than the other two, but its fairly interesting and we still watch it.

Comment

I like it when a series has developed to the point that you can have certain themes without them being too cliche'.

Every time Carter finds a guy she likes he's either dead by the end or has to leave the planet.

The first time Daniel gets demoted from ascended being to mortal it is an interesting plot twist. The second time it's quite amusing.

Last edited by GCoyote; 24 Mar 11, 00:59.

Comment

I have been watching Stargate Universe series 1 on DVd and watching part of series two on Pick TV. I quite like it, it is darker that the other Stargate sagas, althought I do agree with the comment that the body switching is a bit off putting especially as you have to keep remembering that they are showing the character as they are on the 'Destiny' not as they are looking on Earth.
                          War is less costly than servitude

Comment

I watched a few episodes of Stargate Universe but between the body-switching and the Wars of the Massive Egos I just lost interest.

Comment

I couldn't watch too much Universe until the last few episodes. Too much like the reimaginied Battlestar, which I couldn't stomach. And the characters in Universe had nothing likable about them. Especially Rush. He should have been killed early on, that would have solved so many other problems.
                              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X