Cap is Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap is Back!

I can't wait. They better not f--- it up! This better be everything I hope it is!

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Saw the trailer. Of course they will &*^k it up, but I'll still be there July 22.
    "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
    And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Marvel has made a habit of staying true to the original concepts of their heros as first presented in the comics, in other words, the origin stories. This worked well for Spider-Man, The X-Men, Blade, and Iron Man. It didn't work out so well for DareDevil and The Fantastic Four. But part of that is the majority of the movie audience was probably too young to appreciate the origin story of the FF, and although I liked DareDevil, it did seem a bit ill-concieved. The Hulk was just hedious, in both films.

With Captain America, it will be hard to go wrong with him fighting the Nazi's. I think it will be an excellent movie.

As will Thor.

Comment

Well, Captain America I would have thought to be one of the most dificult comic book heroes to translate to the big screen*, and I'm not even a fan of him in the comics, but the trailers I've seen look pretty good.
        I like what they did with the costume, and I like that they set the movie against Red Skull, in WWII. If they manage to avoid an excess of clichés, present the bad guy as interesting and dangerous/smart, and the action scenes are enjoyable, this has everything to be a highly entertaining movie.

* Along with the other heroes in silly suits (colourfull and skin tight) like Superman and Spiderman, and the ones with absurd presentation like the Fantastic Four (Cosmic rays? Mister Fantastic? Doctor Doom? Silver Surfer?).
        No longer works for me, even though I was a comic-book fan. I do like the less outrageous like Blade, Batman, the Punisher and such.

Comment

I think they'll do a pretty good job. Just don't have your expectations too high. Marvel generally does a pretty good job.

If your expectations are too high, you should already be teed off. Cap wasn't the first Avenger. He didn't show up until issue #4 to replace the departing Hulk.

/comic geek mode off
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          — Groucho Marx

Comment

I never understood the Hulk as part of a team.

Cap: "Ok, Bruce, after you change into the Hulk, we want you to sneak into the computer room, remove the micro-chip, place it into the decoder and then use the code to reprogram the death ray to fire into space instead of on New York City all without setting off the nuclear explosive trap on the computer. Got it?"

Bruce Banner: "Piece of cake."

Banner changes into Hulk.

Hulk: "Hulk Smash!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
              I never understood the Hulk as part of a team.

Cap: "Ok, Bruce, after you change into the Hulk, we want you to sneak into the computer room, remove the micro-chip, place it into the decoder and then use the code to reprogram the death ray to fire into space instead of on New York City all without setting off the nuclear explosive trap on the computer. Got it?"

Bruce Banner: "Piece of cake."

Banner changes into Hulk.

Hulk: "Hulk Smash!"
              I think Stan Lee figured out it was a mistake and had him out inside three issues.
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              — Groucho Marx

Comment

And the Avengers have been the better for it ever since :-)
                "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                  And the Avengers have been the better for it ever since :-)
                  Agreed. Then the Hulk later joined another hero group, The Defenders!

— Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X