Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beavis and Butt-Head To Return!

From The Guardian:

They're back? Indeed. Creator Mike Judge, who also voices both Beavis and Butt-head, has written 30 new episodes to be aired this summer on MTV, 14 years after their original programme came to an end.

So what did they do 14 years ago that was so exciting? They spent most of their time watching telly and mocking music videos!!!

Sounds uninspiring. It was!!! They were cruel, nihilistic and disturbed. Butt-Head, the brown-haired one, was an unshakably confident bully, while blond-haired Beavis was an excitable simpleton, with a tendency to drink too much caffeine and revert to his yelling alter-ego The Great Cornholio.

And that was comedy gold? It was, and a worldwide hit to boot. The pair helped pave the way for comedies such as Family Guy and South Park, and even Peepshow and Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe owe a debt to the idea.

So, to clarify, they're two guys who sit around critiquing stuff? Yeah.

And there's one stupid one and one slightly less stupid one? Basically.

And there's two of them but it's just a writer talking to himself? Uh-huh.

And they were created in the early 1990s and then cancelled? Yep.

But now they've been brought back? That's right.

Whoa. Dude, what?

That, like, really reminds me of something. Reminds you of what?

Uhhhh . . . I don't know. You suck, butt-munch.

Dumb-ass. Butt-knocker.

Heh-heh-heh. Huh-huh-huh.

We're there, dude. We're so cool.
    Here is the full article.

I am Cornhulio!!!
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Do you have TP for your bunghole?
      "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
      And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

SAWEET!!! I can't WAIT for this! I was wondering when the new episodes would air!

-Matt
        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

They will never re-capture the original. What will their take on Snookie be? Will they dare to go back to "FIRE!"? Can Darla be far behind?

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I'm hoping they go back on Letterman.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              They will never re-capture the original.
              I fear you'll be right.
              "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
              --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

Time to fire up my 3 vol. collection to get back in the mode. A few years before they came out some friends and myself went to a concert - one of the bands was Winger. Now, I don't mind Winger (Reb Beach is a hell of a guitar player). One of my friends bought a Winger t-shirt and once B&B hit MTV and Stewart was always wearing his Winger shirt, my friend got a ton of BS.
                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                  Time to fire up my 3 vol. collection to get back in the mode. A few years before they came out some friends and myself went to a concert - one of the bands was Winger. Now, I don't mind Winger (Reb Beach is a hell of a guitar player). One of my friends bought a Winger t-shirt and once B&B hit MTV and Stewart was always wearing his Winger shirt, my friend got a ton of BS.

Comment

AHHH, I don't have speakers at the office. It will have to wait until I get home.

I always liked the hard ass Health Ed. teacher. "Kick me in the jimmy!"
                    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Oh Coach Buzzcut.
                      "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
                      --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

It's about time!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X