How seriously you take movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How seriously you take movies?

given the enormous amount of movies produced and seen in the West, the people there must be influenced by them on how to view things etc... am i right?

Originally posted by stalin View Post
    given the enormous amount of movies produced and seen in the West, the people there must be influenced by them on how to view things etc... am i right?
    I think it is different with each individual.It also depends on the story line.Movies on Vietnam I have more experience on,therefore can debunk A lot of things others would not.

Comment

It depends on what you mean by serious. I take my entertainment seriously, but I never forget I'm watching a movie and that "liberties" will be taken no matter how realistic or historically correct a movie is supposed to be.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I too take my entertainment seriously. But I also know it's just entertainment, not education. Though the ideas behind the stories can prod me in to looking more at the history.

Comment

Movies are merely a form of entertainment for me. Unfortunately, there are many who assume that if they see it at the movies, watch it on television or read it in the newspaper, then it must be true. Maybe they're right and I'm just too much of a cynic, but I doubt it.
          If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
            I think it is different with each individual.
            Exactly. Alot of Director's/Film maker's try to push Their Own agenda or belief's for example say Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ. But it all come's down to how You the individual interpret's it. Do They not make politically/ideologically motivated movie's in Russia?

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
              I too take my entertainment seriously. But I also know it's just entertainment, not education. Though the ideas behind the stories can prod me in to looking more at the history.
              I agree..If I see something and enjoy it I will research it and find the history of the event...
              "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
              "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by cru_nz View Post
                Do They not make politically/ideologically motivated movie's in Russia?
                back in the Soviet times, yes they did.

Comment

Koba, keep in mind that many of the movies in the West don't post things about the U.S. correctly either. I didn't see the movie "Pearl Harbor", but my sister saw it and told me they were so off base in their history that it wasn't worth watching. As a result of her seeing it and her telling me how factually incorrect it was, I had no desire to watch it.

Comment

With a few exceptions most modern movies are just entertainment to me, I am rather passionate about silent films and pre-1960s cinema.

"They're inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"
                    -Baron Munchausen

"Ah, 'tis midsummer madness, the music is my temples, the hot blood of youth! Come, Kapellmeister, let the violas throb. My regiment leaves at dawn!"
                    -Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                      Koba, keep in mind that many of the movies in the West don't post things about the U.S. correctly either. I didn't see the movie "Pearl Harbor", but my sister saw it and told me they were so off base in their history that it wasn't worth watching. As a result of her seeing it and her telling me how factually incorrect it was, I had no desire to watch it.

Braveheart is very historically incorrect as well, but it's still one of my favorite alltime movies. But again, its entertainment. I never thought for a second that I was watching a documentary.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                        many of the movies in the West don't post things about the U.S. correctly either
                        but those at least don't portray the US as ugly as they do portray, say, Russia in ''Enemy at the Gates''

Comment

but those at least don't portray the US as ugly as they do portray, say, Russia in ''Enemy at the Gates''
                          Oh boy, you have no idea. Russia was portrayed as virtue and light in comparison to the way America is portrayed in many (if not most) movies from Hollywood.
                          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                          — Groucho Marx

Comment

Of course people are influence by what they see.

The movie "Animal House" influenced me to want to attend university.

Comment

"Drunk, fat, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
                              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                              — Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X