No announcement yet.

How seriously you take movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Nevsky was probably one of the greatest propaganda films to come out of eastern Europe. Influential enough even today...watch it and listen to the music during the big battle. James Horner practically used it for the Battle of Stirling in Braveheart.

Comment

Originally posted by welshdragon View Post
      Alexander Nevsky
      music by Sergei Prokofiev -

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
        - not true, for if not for them the war would have been lost.
        I'd put more credit with the Soviet tanker than any political officer. Patriotic posters don't kill Tiger tanks but the T-34/85 bagged a few.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
          I'd put more credit with the Soviet tanker than any political officer
          with no political officers, how would a soldier know where and who is an enemy?

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
            with no political officers, how would a soldier know where and who is an enemy?
            They're the ones in a different uniform going out of their way to kill you.
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Catman View Post
              They're the ones in a different uniform going out of their way to kill you
              but for some like the Vlassovtsy it wasn't so clear...

Comment

It depends on the quality of the movie. If it's very good I'll give it a lot of wiggle room. If it's average, I may criticize it a little. If it's bad I'll rip into it. If it's so bad that it's hilarious (Plan 9 from outerspace) then I'll be more lenient. If it's so bad that it dives right down into the abyss of awfulness from which none may escape; then I'm probably going to post a long rant on how bad it was somewhere once I recover from the suckiness induced shock.
                Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history.
                But who's to judge the right from wrong.
                When our guard is down I think we'll both agree.
                That violence breeds violence.
                But in the end it has to be this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                  I don't mind if a little artistic licence is used to pump up a movie, but i hate movies that deliberately lie to the public. In my opinion the two worst movies to bald face lied to the Audience was

U-571 and Memphis Belle.
                  and JFK.

I agree that U-571 was a joke. I don't care that Mathew McConaughey is from Austin, Texas. The film was still horrible

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X