"Quiet Outpost"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Quiet Outpost"

A new movie about a Russian outpost on Tajik-Afghan border set in 1993. Based on real events

All I could find in English

Clashes belween Islamist fighters and Russian/Tajik security forces have been taking place along the Tajik Afghan border. More than 50 militants were killed when some 200 to 300 Islamic radicals and Afghan mujahideen intruded inlo Shurohabad around April 20, I993. Eruption of serious clashes on the Tajik-Afghan border on July 13, 1993 when at least 25 Russian border guards, 70 Islamic fighters and 200 civilians were reportedly killed, highlighted the explosive nature of the situation. This incident sparked outrage in Russia and Afghanistan was warned of punitive military action in the event of further trans-border raids into Tajikistan. Scon after, Russian forces launched artillery and air attacks on the bases of Tajik militant and Afghan mujahideen in northern Afghanistan. Tension on the border mounted again when 1 Kazakh and 4 Russian border guards were taken hostage to Afghanistan after their unit was ambushed by the Islarnic militanls on August 10, 1993.
    http://www.kashmir-information.com/A...n/Warikoo.html
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Oh great. Another one. Do they have a film sausage factory in the Urals producing propaganda films using gulag labour according to a standard template?

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
      Oh great. Another one. Do they have a film sausage factory in the Urals producing propaganda films using gulag labour according to a standard template?
      Did you want to say something or it's just another brainfart?
      www.histours.ru

Comment

The truth is a funny thing. It's slippery, it's not always self-evident, it can seem implausible, it can even be inconvenient, and more often than not it's just plain boring. Very Loosely Based On A True Story occurs when a writer decides that reality just doesn't pack enough punch in some way, and decides to improve on the historical record. Arguably, this has actually saved some er...true stories. For example, The Patriot would have been two and a half hours of a group of Minute Men hiding for hours in swamps sniping English troops and then running away had they kept it true to the historical events of the time. Doesn't exactly sound riveting, does it?
        http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...edOnATrueStory
        "They're inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"
        -Baron Munchausen

"Ah, 'tis midsummer madness, the music is my temples, the hot blood of youth! Come, Kapellmeister, let the violas throb. My regiment leaves at dawn!"
        -Groucho Marx

Comment

When you have seen the film you can write a crushing reveiw. So far I haven't seen it either. The fact there were border clashes is clear and there's no dispute on the casualties. What's your point? Or do you deny the fact there was civil war in Tajikistan and the Islamists wanted to export their revolution to the North of Afghanistan?
          www.histours.ru

Comment

I just always laugh whenever a movie claiming to be based on 'real events' comes out.
            "They're inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"
            -Baron Munchausen

"Ah, 'tis midsummer madness, the music is my temples, the hot blood of youth! Come, Kapellmeister, let the violas throb. My regiment leaves at dawn!"
            -Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by The Highwayman View Post
              I just always laugh whenever a movie claiming to be based on 'real events' comes out.
              Let's see when it is premiered. I don't give much benefit of the doubt to modern movies either, but the latest "Brest Fortress" made very significant progress in this respect so who knows.
              www.histours.ru

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X