Next WW2 Film To Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next WW2 Film To Be Released?

When and what is the next WW2 film to be released in North American theatres or on tv thanks in advance?
    New Book Release:

"Amazing Airmen": "Canadian Flyers In The Second World War"

www.amazingairmen.com

Here are two scheduled for release sometime this year:

Agent Zigzag - Story of Eddie Chapman, a spy for the Nazis, who turns himself in to the British and is then run as a double agent against the Germans.

Truth and Treason - Story of Helmuth Hübener, youngest opponent of the Third Reich to be sentenced by the Volksgerichtshof and executed for high treason. Haley Joel Osment is cast as the main role.

And there's rumored to be a remake of Midway in the works, but if Hollywood has anything to do with it, it'll be just as (if not more) screwed up than Pearl Harbor was.

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Hanging out for those movies.
      Any more WWII European warfare movies due at any time? mainly bout units of the infantrys? I'm blood thristy! main favorite interests wwII.

Comment

No idea; I got the two titles from a list off Wikipedia.

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
          Hanging out for those movies.
          Any more WWII European warfare movies due at any time? mainly bout units of the infantrys? I'm blood thristy! main favorite interests wwII.
          Ever been in a real sh*t situation?? Wasn`t the best experience I have made...
          "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier" - Samuel Johnson

"Kerls, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?"

Comment

No,I never served in the military nor ever been in a sh/t situation before.
            I love watching wwII European warfare infrantry movies.
            Mainly the Eastern front,battle of the buldge or when the english were the only ones attacking Germany,I love those wwII movies.

Well, keep safe and don't get killed in the Middle Eastern war.

Take care.

Comment

well if hollywood has anything to do midway with it they'll stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                well if hollywood has anything to do midway with it they'll stuff up.
                Very true...the first one wasn't TOO bad, considering what they had to work with, but using the Lexington to portray the Japanese carriers kind of sucked. Seeing Nagumo sitting in a comfy chair on the bridge made me laugh; Japanese carrier bridges were nowhere NEAR as luxurious!

-Matt

Comment

Whatever happened to the remake of the dambusters?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                    Agent Zigzag - Story of Eddie Chapman, a spy for the Nazis, who turns himself in to the British and is then run as a double agent against the Germans.
                    This will also be a remake of a film on the same subject made in 1966 called Triple Cross. Not a bad film as I recall.

Cheers,
                    Dan.
                    So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Movie

Denzel Washington is considering working on a movie about Pattons Panthers the 761st Tank Battalion and apparently was based off of Kareem Abdul Jabaars book called Brothers in Arms!

That I would see.

CD
                      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Creeping Death View Post
                        Denzel Washington is considering working on a movie about Pattons Panthers the 761st Tank Battalion and apparently was based off of Kareem Abdul Jabaars book called Brothers in Arms!

That I would see.

CD
                        I agree...that DOES sound good!

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                          I agree...that DOES sound good!

-Matt
                          I would also like to see that. Not a highly covered subject piece.
                          "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

I know that Lucasfilm is currently working on Red Tails a movie about the Tuskgegee airmen. No release date announced yet. Let's hope this does not out to be as big a cluster as the prequel trilogy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Tails
                            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                              I know that Lucasfilm is currently working on Red Tails a movie about the Tuskgegee airmen. No release date announced yet. Let's hope this does not out to be as big a cluster as the prequel trilogy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Tails
                              I'll definitely watch that...I saw the Tuskeegee Airmen TV movie with Lawrence Fishburne and thought it well done.

-Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X