X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Janos View Post

The rules include "I guess it doesn't have to be exactly a news broadcaster, maybe anyone else who deals with politics like Bill Maher, John Stewart, ect." I think O'Reilly fits that bill (no pun intended).
    I read the "rules." Note that zaya used the term news broadcaster.

Originally Posted by zaya View Post

My favorite news broadcaster is Bill O'Reilly.He is such a good broadcaster.
    I wasn't arguing with the OP, just correcting the mistaken reference. He's a commentator.

And because the post in question was deleted, I assume it doesn't even matter anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Janos
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    Papa Bear does commentary, not news. Sorry...

You're right, except in this rather unusual polling. The rules include "I guess it doesn't have to be exactly a news broadcaster, maybe anyone else who deals with politics like Bill Maher, John Stewart, ect." I think O'Reilly fits that bill (no pun intended).

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by zaya

My favorite news broadcaster is Bill O'Reilly.He is such a good broadcaster.
    Papa Bear does commentary, not news. Sorry...

Leave a comment:

• Janos
    replied
    Megyn Kelly (who does news) and Gretchen Carlson (who doesn't, but seems to fit into the rather loose category we have here.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
    I agree Skob, I can't remember the last time that I have actually watched anything on TV. I really can't go more than a few minutes without an eye-roll or a laugh. I just remember that Brian Williams didn't come off like a jackass to me, Bill O'Reilly kind of does. That's pretty much the extent of my criteria.
    Brain Williams and Bill O'Reilly are apples and oranges. Newscaster versus commentator. There is no real way to compare them.

I hear Williams also cheats on his wife. Does that make him better than a guy who got angry once on camera 20 years ago?

That clip is bogus anyways. How would like it if the one mistake you ever made in life was fodder for eternity? Lame

Oh, and if you never worked with one of the ancient teleprompters, they suck.

Leave a comment:

• Lucky 6
    replied
    Originally posted by skoblin View Post
    I've never really understood the notion of a favourite newscaster. Aren't they just paid to read the news? It's not like they come up with it. I'd much rather hunt for the news on-line. Network news pre-empts the news and information gathering process of the individual and provides a ready-made happy meal. That is not a positive thing. Finding out what is happening in the world should be an active process, not a passive one of simple reception.
    I agree Skob, I can't remember the last time that I have actually watched anything on TV. I really can't go more than a few minutes without an eye-roll or a laugh. I just remember that Brian Williams didn't come off like a jackass to me, Bill O'Reilly kind of does. That's pretty much the extent of my criteria.

I mean, come on...what a Prima Donna.

So that's why I love satire...

And guts; jeez that's a pair...

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    replied
    Newscasters are just newscasters.

I rarely really care who is telling the news as much as who is paying them to bring it to my attention.

I usually only care to hear the news from someone like Colbert, Stewart or for Canadiana Rick Mercer. I'm fully aware that with those guys, you will get the news with a dose of sarcasm and wit.

I find I trust the news more, when the sarcasm and wit are present.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    I like anybody, past or present, who has the balls it takes to strap on a helmet and a bulletproof vest with "PRESS" on it, and follow our guys in around on a battlefield to keep us wimps at home informed.

Shepard Smith hasn't for a while, but he used to. He's probably my favorite news broadcaster.

For commentary, nobody can beat Papa Bear O'Reilly. Except maybe Stewart and Colbert. Those guys get just enough of the truth but keep it funny.

I agree with you on Shepard Smith. On the rare occasions I watch cable news, I enjoy his show.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    I like anybody, past or present, who has the balls it takes to strap on a helmet and a bulletproof vest with "PRESS" on it, and follow our guys in around on a battlefield to keep us wimps at home informed.

Shepard Smith hasn't for a while, but he used to. He's probably my favorite news broadcaster.

For commentary, nobody can beat Papa Bear O'Reilly. Except maybe Stewart and Colbert. Those guys get just enough of the truth but keep it funny.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    I've never really understood the notion of a favourite newscaster. Aren't they just paid to read the news? It's not like they come up with it. I'd much rather hunt for the news on-line. Network news pre-empts the news and information gathering process of the individual and provides a ready-made happy meal. That is not a positive thing. Finding out what is happening in the world should be an active process, not a passive one of simple reception.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Well, it isn't Rachel Maddow.

Man or Woman? You decide....

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied

Robin Meade.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    I watch very little TV news, be it local or cable. But I still like Bill O'Reilly. I tend to agree with him on many things.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Jones
    replied
    I like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• Lucky 6
    replied
    Originally posted by skiplc View Post
    Edward R Murrow
    Spot on, I couldn't agree more. If I had to pick from today, well I'm not sure, Brian Williams I suppose. He's the least douchey at the least.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X