"Year 1920" (2011)... New Polish War Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Year 1920" (2011)... New Polish War Movie

A new J. Hoffman movie. Due to come in October 2011. First European 3D motion picture with S. Idziak as a Director of the Photography.
    "[...]

While Brittania's Huns with their long-range guns
    Sailed in through the foggy dew.

[...]"

I so want this when it's dubbed/subtited. Looks awesome.
    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Polish–Soviet War? This is probably the first movie about it... Looks very good, I'll keep an eye out. Go Poland!

Comment

Hopefully no Polish babies will be eaten by Stalin during the production of this movie. Lenin is shown exactly like Hitler in the "Downfall", but that's what nationalist myths are all about.
        www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
          Hopefully no Polish babies will be eaten by Stalin during the production of this movie. Lenin is shown exactly like Hitler in the "Downfall", but that's what nationalist myths are all about.
          I knew you were saying exactly this I thought the same...

Sincerly yours...
          "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier" - Samuel Johnson

"Kerls, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?"

Comment

Originally posted by rogg View Post
            I knew you were saying exactly this I thought the same...

Sincerly yours...
            I'm not against a bit of nationalist spin added to generally true events, but this Lenin and a map episode - it's like taken from some cheap operette Lenin would be actually pleased with the Poles returning to his ideas of filmmaking
            www.histours.ru

Comment

ShAA, Hoffman's "The Fire and the Sword" from 1998 was made in such a way, that Ukrainias didn't feel ofended. ...Perhaps You should give the new film some credit of trust... And remember about "Hitler character" in most of the Russian war films.
              "[...]

[...]"

Comment

Originally posted by Przemyslaw View Post
                ShAA, Hoffman's "The Fire and the Sword" from 1998 was made in such a way, that Ukrainias didn't feel ofended.
                Well, if there were just as many negative pop-history stereotypes about the Cossacks as there are about Russians, I would stick up for them too for such portrayal.

...Perhaps You should give the new film some credit of trust... And remember about "Hitler character" in most of the Russian war films.
                This is exactly what I had in mind - Soviet traditions of propaganda filmmaking I would still say some Soviet Hitlers were better than the German one in the "Downfall"
                www.histours.ru

Comment

Personally I've found Adolf from this movie the most entertaining:

Especially when he's chaseing Ewa Brown in order to kill her.
                  "[...]

[...]"

Comment

Looks like a great movie!

What are the chances this will be translated into English (and when? ) is more important

Comment

I did not realized that women shot machine guns at the front lies

Action pack warfare,Can't wait for it too come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                        What are the chances this will be translated into English (and when? ) is more important
                        Well, it's a big production, so it will be probably quite soon translated into English. It's worthy to keep in mind, that Polonia in Amercia is a huge, nationalist audience and many of them pretend to speak English better than Polish . Thier 'broken' Polish is very funny when they come here and trying to act like decent Americans in fron of 'dull crowds that stayed in Poland'.
                        "[...]

[...]"

Comment

Originally posted by Przemyslaw View Post
                          Well, it's a big production, so it will be probably quite soon translated into English. It's worthy to keep in mind, that Polonia in Amercia is a huge, nationalist audience and many of them pretend to speak English better than Polish . Thier 'broken' Polish is very funny when they come here and trying to act like decent Americans in fron of 'dull crowds that stayed in Poland'.
                          It does seem like quite a production, this maybe shallow but I tend to measure by explosions which in this case are the "fancy" type (BTW- IMO the "cheap" type look more realistic..)OTOH people that are gunned down act almost like in a cheesy 60's movie...and there doesn't seem to be any blood....

I don't know much of the era but it seems that great length had been gone through to create the right clothes, equipment and surrounding, that is always a major plus!

Comment

I tend to measure by explosions which in this case are the "fancy" type (BTW- IMO the "cheap" type look more realistic..)OTOH people that are gunned down act almost like in a cheesy 60's movie...and there doesn't seem to be any blood....
                            Film is now in postproduction. This is just few simple shots from the plan.. I tkink there will be some blood made by computer aftar all.... Hoffman is a very bloody director. Check any other of his historical movies.
                            "[...]

[...]"

Comment

Woo-Hoo! This looks astounding! Also one of the weird periods I am attracted to but which few others in the States bother with. Please-oh-PLEASE let it be available here! I am still trying to find a copy of "Sovereign's Servant"--to no avail.

--T--
                              Last edited by Toisach; 18 Jan 11, 14:44.
                              O'Malley: You still got those Lewis guns?
                              Struts: Lewis Guns? Yeah... Why?
                              O'Malley: Because we're going to Afghanistan, we're probably gonna need 'em!
                              "High Road to China"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X