Another Wolverine film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
    But thank goodness the movies wasn't 100% true to the comics. Otherwise, we would be seeing Wolverine decked out in yellow spandex with pointy ears!

Some things just don't translate well visually to live action.
    No but i hate it when producers and directors don't adhere to the original look.

And certainly they don't stay true to the characters.

Take Rouge (Played by Anna Paquin) for example, she began her X-Men life in 1979 and was Ms Marvel and was adopted by Mystique and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, not what the Movie portrayed.
    Last edited by Roddoss72; 31 Dec 10, 07:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
      No but i hate it when producers and directors don't adhere to the original look.

And certainly they don't stay true to the characters.

Take Rouge (Played by Anna Paquin) for example, she began her X-Men life in 1979 and was Ms Marvel and was adopted by Mystique and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, not what the Movie portrayed.
      I don't think they wanted to put that much time into one character. They wanted to use some of the more popular X-Men without going all the way back to the early '60s. That would have been Cyclops, Marvel Girl (Jean Grey), Iceman, and Beast. No Wolverine, no Rogue.
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Catman View Post
        I don't think they wanted to put that much time into one character. They wanted to use some of the more popular X-Men without going all the way back to the early '60s. That would have been Cyclops, Marvel Girl (Jean Grey), Iceman, and Beast. No Wolverine, no Rogue.
        Wolverine real name isn't Logan but is James Howlett, but he goes by the name Logan.

Jean Grey-Summers officially is Phoenix, but also was called Marvel Girl and Dark Phoenix.

Iceman (Robert Drake) intorduction into the X-Men universe was through his lock-up for turning a local bully into a block of ice, the townsfolk were out to get him, he was thrown into Gaol for his protection, Scott (Slim) Summers blew open the wall to rescue Iceman but they fought a battle until Professor X stepped in and rescued Iceman. Bobby, his parents and Professor X had a talk and it was agreed that he should go and study scholl for gifted mutants.

Comment

Jean Grey-Summers officially is Phoenix, but also was called Marvel Girl and Dark Phoenix.

Iceman (Robert Drake) intorduction into the X-Men universe was through his lock-up for turning a local bully into a block of ice, the townsfolk were out to get him, he was thrown into Gaol for his protection, Scott (Slim) Summers blew open the wall to rescue Iceman but they fought a battle until Professor X stepped in and rescued Iceman. Bobby, his parents and Professor X had a talk and it was agreed that he should go and study scholl for gifted mutants.
          Jean Grey went by Marvel Girl in the first X-Men comics (way back in the early '60s).

Wolverine real name isn't Logan but is James Howlett, but he goes by the name Logan.
          When did he get that name? I looked it up in the Marvel Universe Handbook (geez, what a geek I am!) and it lists his name as Logan. I read comics for many years (geez, what a geek I am!) and never encountered that name. I quit comics for good in the late 1990s, so I suspect that the name is comparatively recent.
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          Groucho Marx

Comment

Jean Grey went by Marvel Girl in the first X-Men comics (way back in the early '60s).

When did he get that name? I looked it up in the Marvel Universe Handbook (geez, what a geek I am!) and it lists his name as Logan. I read comics for many years (geez, what a geek I am!) and never encountered that name. I quit comics for good in the late 1990s, so I suspect that the name is comparatively recent.
            Try wikipedia under X-Men there is a list of major players and click onto Wolverine and it telss you Wolverines real name. Which is James Howlett.

Get it Howlett

Comment

Try wikipedia under X-Men there is a list of major players and click onto Wolverine and it telss you Wolverines real name. Which is James Howlett.

Get it Howlett
              Yeah, I get it...groan. Do wolverines howl?

I'm not making fun of you. I know you didn't make it up.
              Groucho Marx

Comment

There are other characters I would like to see featured in this film other than Wolverine. I hope they keep that tradition up.
                Last edited by Martok; 01 Jan 11, 21:05.

Comment

Early 90's but I wondered the same thing.
                  Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                    There are other characters I would like to see featured in this film other than Wolverine. I hope they keep that tradition up.
                    It's a Hugh Jackman movie, You just know a Woman is going to play a major part at some point I'd like to see Juggernaut come into the story...

Comment

Marvel Universe Wiki

Wolvie was born James Howlett & has been known by a great many names - Logan foremost among them - since his 1st Cameo appearance in Hulk #180's (1974 ) teaser panel.

I could be wrong, but IIRC, Wolverine was 1st introduced to Xavier as Logan...

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

The Wolverine is finally going to debut in 2013...I can't wait. It looks really good, from the trailers I've seen. Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Sounds good!

-Matt
                          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Is Marvel doing this, or another studio?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X