Another Wolverine film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Wolverine film

Just heard from Hugh Jackman that he will be doing another Wolverine film.

That is so cool.

I heard recently that Hugh Jackman was the original choice for Capt. Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean. Sorry...can't really see it; it'll always be Johnny Depp's part.

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Hugh Jackman was a brilliant choice for Wolverine (although in the comics Wolverine is very short). Johnny Depp is really the only choice for Jack Sparrow.
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      — Groucho Marx

Comment

UGH! Another sequel from a movie industry that has forgotten what "originality" means, for an audience that has obviously forgotten, too.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Depp MADE the role of Jack Sparrow.

Jackman would have played it too straight, and it would have made the movie boring.

Comment

Another?

Why, wasn't the first one bad enough?
            HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

Who knows, maybe they'll do one without the ty love story crap. Something much more Bad and less chick flick with action.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

It would have been Van Helsing in the Caribbean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                  It would have been Van Helsing in the Caribbean.
                  Combine that with "Hitler in Springtime" you get a swashbuckling goose steppin riot of a musical.

Oh and on a lighter note.

Wolverine in the Comic Books was 5 foot 1 inch tall. Hugh Jackman is about 6 foot 2 inches tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                    Combine that with "Hitler in Springtime" you get a swashbuckling goose steppin riot of a musical.

Oh and on a lighter note.

Wolverine in the Comic Books was 5 foot 1 inch tall. Hugh Jackman is about 6 foot 2 inches tall.
                    Correct, in fact during the Chris Claremont period of X-men comics, Colossus used to throw Wolverine at the bad guys. I believe it was called the Speedball Special.
                    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                    — Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Catman View Post
                      Correct, in fact during the Chris Claremont period of X-men comics, Colossus used to throw Wolverine at the bad guys. I believe it was called the Speedball Special.

"Fastball special, Tovarich!"
                      (I can't believe I remember that )
                      Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
                        "Fastball special, Tovarich!"
                        (I can't believe I remember that )
                        Thanks. I can't believe I've forgotten that.
                        — Groucho Marx

Comment

This actually happened in the 3rd X men Movie. When Colossus throws Wolverine at Magneto, giving Beast the distraction he needs in order to stab Magneto with that row of darts.

Of course this happens just before the absolutely earth-shatteringly bad ending......I recall audibly gagging IN the theater.

(The ending I would have preferred, given the movie's 'plot'.......Rogue comes out of nowhere, realizing that she won't abandon her friends for a 'normal' life....she grabs Phoenix from behind, taking a large chunk of her powers, then there is an awesome psychokinetic duel!)
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                            This actually happened in the 3rd X men Movie. When Colossus throws Wolverine at Magneto, giving Beast the distraction he needs in order to stab Magneto with that row of darts.

Of course this happens just before the absolutely earth-shatteringly bad ending......I recall audibly gagging IN the theater.

(The ending I would have preferred, given the movie's 'plot'.......Rogue comes out of nowhere, realizing that she won't abandon her friends for a 'normal' life....she grabs Phoenix from behind, taking a large chunk of her powers, then there is an awesome psychokinetic duel!)
                            I remember that from the movie, but it is more convincing in the books as Colossus is huge and Wolverine is small. Think of the Dwarf-tossing in the LOTR movie (can't remember which one).
                            — Groucho Marx

Comment

But thank goodness the movies wasn't 100% true to the comics. Otherwise, we would be seeing Wolverine decked out in yellow spandex with pointy ears!

Some things just don't translate well visually to live action.

Comment

Working...
                              X