Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Wolverine film

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Wolverine film

    Just heard from Hugh Jackman that he will be doing another Wolverine film.

    That is so cool.

  • #2
    I heard recently that Hugh Jackman was the original choice for Capt. Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean. Sorry...can't really see it; it'll always be Johnny Depp's part.

    -Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

    Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hugh Jackman was a brilliant choice for Wolverine (although in the comics Wolverine is very short). Johnny Depp is really the only choice for Jack Sparrow.
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      — Groucho Marx

      Comment


      • #4
        UGH! Another sequel from a movie industry that has forgotten what "originality" means, for an audience that has obviously forgotten, too.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #5
          Depp MADE the role of Jack Sparrow.

          Jackman would have played it too straight, and it would have made the movie boring.

          Comment


          • #6
            Another?

            Why, wasn't the first one bad enough?
            HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

            "Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

            Comment


            • #7
              Who knows, maybe they'll do one without the ty love story crap. Something much more Bad and less chick flick with action.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

              Comment


              • #8
                It would have been Van Helsing in the Caribbean.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                  It would have been Van Helsing in the Caribbean.
                  Combine that with "Hitler in Springtime" you get a swashbuckling goose steppin riot of a musical.

                  Oh and on a lighter note.

                  Wolverine in the Comic Books was 5 foot 1 inch tall. Hugh Jackman is about 6 foot 2 inches tall.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                    Combine that with "Hitler in Springtime" you get a swashbuckling goose steppin riot of a musical.

                    Oh and on a lighter note.

                    Wolverine in the Comic Books was 5 foot 1 inch tall. Hugh Jackman is about 6 foot 2 inches tall.
                    Correct, in fact during the Chris Claremont period of X-men comics, Colossus used to throw Wolverine at the bad guys. I believe it was called the Speedball Special.
                    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                    — Groucho Marx

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Catman View Post
                      Correct, in fact during the Chris Claremont period of X-men comics, Colossus used to throw Wolverine at the bad guys. I believe it was called the Speedball Special.

                      "Fastball special, Tovarich!"
                      (I can't believe I remember that )
                      Delegate, MN GOP.

                      PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

                      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
                        "Fastball special, Tovarich!"
                        (I can't believe I remember that )
                        Thanks. I can't believe I've forgotten that.
                        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                        — Groucho Marx

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This actually happened in the 3rd X men Movie. When Colossus throws Wolverine at Magneto, giving Beast the distraction he needs in order to stab Magneto with that row of darts.

                          Of course this happens just before the absolutely earth-shatteringly bad ending......I recall audibly gagging IN the theater.

                          (The ending I would have preferred, given the movie's 'plot'.......Rogue comes out of nowhere, realizing that she won't abandon her friends for a 'normal' life....she grabs Phoenix from behind, taking a large chunk of her powers, then there is an awesome psychokinetic duel!)
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                            This actually happened in the 3rd X men Movie. When Colossus throws Wolverine at Magneto, giving Beast the distraction he needs in order to stab Magneto with that row of darts.

                            Of course this happens just before the absolutely earth-shatteringly bad ending......I recall audibly gagging IN the theater.

                            (The ending I would have preferred, given the movie's 'plot'.......Rogue comes out of nowhere, realizing that she won't abandon her friends for a 'normal' life....she grabs Phoenix from behind, taking a large chunk of her powers, then there is an awesome psychokinetic duel!)
                            I remember that from the movie, but it is more convincing in the books as Colossus is huge and Wolverine is small. Think of the Dwarf-tossing in the LOTR movie (can't remember which one).
                            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                            — Groucho Marx

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              But thank goodness the movies wasn't 100% true to the comics. Otherwise, we would be seeing Wolverine decked out in yellow spandex with pointy ears!

                              Some things just don't translate well visually to live action.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X