Movies that let you down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies that let you down.

This thread is dedicated to films that you hoped would be great, but turned out to be a dud.

This is a stand out must imo. It has a great battle scene, but was miscast, badly scripted with a ludicrous twist on reality - Alexander was apparantly a good guy bring forth civilisation to a barbaric world ? It tried to be a Braveheart, it was as enjoyable as Meet the Spartans .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

I watched District 9 and was initially ok with it, then a person pointed out some things afterward and it was like wow, now that you mention it, I couldn't possibly justify ever watching it again.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Starship Troopers

It had potential due to the source material. However it was a stupid remake of Zulu.

Comment

The first Star Trek movie

Comment

The second trilogy of Star Wars movies.

Comment

Jar-Jar Binks, and the Star Wars movies he ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDog48 View Post
              The first Star Trek movie
              I thought it was cool when I saw it at the theater... But I can't stay awake through it now. I can't watch Star Trek V at all.

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
              The second trilogy of Star Wars movies.
              Episode I... C-.
              Episode II... F for the first half... B- for the second half.
              Episode III... B-.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                This thread is dedicated to films that you hoped would be great, but turned out to be a dud.

[...]
                Spielberg's War of the Worlds.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Heat I heard it was a great heist film, couldn't finish it was so boring and slow.
                  "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                  "

Comment

All of the movies based on Tom Clancy novels except for The Hunt for Red October.

The series got off to a good start. The Hunt for Red October did a great job of condensing a long book into a reasonably long movie.

Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger started out OK; but then deviated away from the books.

The Sum of All Fears... from start to finish.

Comment

Dune

Comment

The Sum of all Fears was crap. One primary reason for this is the producers decided to change who the terrorist were. I read the book, and in the novel the terrorist were Islamic Fundamentalist. Muslims. From the Middle East.

But the producers of the movie didn't want to risk offending anyone by implying that Muslims could ever be engaged in anything even remotely resembling terrorism, so they defaulted back to evil-european-white guys as the villians.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                          The Sum of all Fears was crap. One primary reason for this is the producers decided to change who the terrorist were. I read the book, and in the novel the terrorist were Islamic Fundamentalist. Muslims. From the Middle East.

But the producers of the movie didn't want to risk offending anyone by implying that Muslims could ever be engaged in anything even remotely resembling terrorism, so they defaulted back to evil-european-white guys as the villians.
                          Eventually, Hollywood will have to find a new villain. The Nazis are getting pretty old (literally) and long in the tooth, and despite all the hype the younger version of them doesn't really amount to much of a threat. Anytime I see a modern movie and the villain is a Nazi, I'm done (unless it's a period piece of course).
                          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

I was also (recently) mildly let down by Zombieland. The trailers were just too inticing. But I've seen it a couple of times since the theatre and now I have my own Blu-ray copy. I was also let down by The Watchmen... I never should have read the graphic novel before seeing the movie.

Comment

I liked The Watchmen, but then I had never read any of the graphic novels. Or novel, if there was only one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X