Kelly's heroes-burning bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly's heroes-burning bridges

One of the best “fun” movies of all time.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

And people complain about the Sherman. Pfft!

Three Sherman tanks and some "positive waves" were enough to open a hole in the German lines and to "go for the gold".

It's all about "digging how righteous and beautiful it is..." and victory will come.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Did you hear that? They've even got the grave diggers!
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        — Groucho Marx

Comment

A favorite of mine, has been since I was a kid.

Originally posted by The Purist View Post
          Yeah, well it's amazing what a little customization will do, ain't it?
          But then again, one Tiger was the only tank running at all by the end of the movie...

I have seen those Halftracks rotting away in the back lot at Universal. Shame shame...

And we were just talking about Hollywood movies, for all it's flaws, this was one of the better ones. It is FUN to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
            A favorite of mine, has been since I was a kid.

Yeah, well it's amazing what a little customization will do, ain't it?
            But then again, one Tiger was the only tank running at all by the end of the movie...

I have seen those Halftracks rotting away in the back lot at Universal. Shame shame...

And we were just talking about Hollywood movies, for all it's flaws, this was one of the better ones. It is FUN to watch!
            It's been a while since I watched Kelly's Heroes, I thought they swapped a Sherman for the Tiger...

Still, it's a bit of fun

Comment

This film is basically the American Italian Job. It is funny. Hippies and Country Music in World War 2 France. Brilliant.

Comment

Yes, it's a favourite in my household.
                "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

It's one of my all time favorites.Great cast,great characters,funny,plenty of action,and a surprising attention to detail that isn't seen in many war flicks.they built Tigers out of T-34s(they did get the paint wrong though,but we can forgive that),and how many other war movies address the issue of friendly fire like Kelly's Heroes?
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by The Purist View Post

Three Sherman tanks and some "positive waves" were enough to open a hole in the German lines and to "go for the gold".

It's all about "digging how righteous and beautiful it is..." and victory will come.

Comment

There you go again J. always with negative waves man.

Is it Italy? I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                        This film is basically the American Italian Job. It is funny. Hippies and Country Music in World War 2 France. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther3485 View Post
                          Yes, it's a favourite in my household.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerunnernyc View Post
                            Definitely. Its just good fun. I do however think its more authentic than the battle of the bulge. Least the Tigers in that looked like Tigers. lol Great film man. Woof woof.

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
                              It's been a while since I watched Kelly's Heroes, I thought they swapped a Sherman for the Tiger...

Still, it's a bit of fun
                              'Oddball' bought the Tiger from the Germans at the end of the movie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X