World War II: 'Lost File' on History Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War II: 'Lost File' on History Channel

I'm currently watching Lost Films:World War II (called 'Lost File' on My Lao TV) from the History Channel. It's a documentary series using previously unseen footage, and veteran recollections, of the wars in the Pacific and Europe/North Africa.

Having only recently seen the TV mini-series 'the Pacific' and 'Band of Brothers' and having previously seen countless World War II documentaries and movies, I didn't expect to find this series particularly interesting.

Instead, I found it riveting! Much of the re-touched, coulourised footge was new to me, extremely graphic (dismembered bodies of Marines on Iwo Jima beaches, etc.) and the personal accounts were compelling. Like no other World War II series or movie, this one leaves me, after every episode, saying, "Jesus...what those guys went through!!!

In Laos, the series is now at the point where the Allies have crossed the Rhine and the U.S. Marines are about to assault Okinawa. I don't know if the series has aired in the U.S. or Europe, but if you haven't already seen it, I would definately recommend it.
    Last edited by PhilipLaos; 12 Jul 10, 12:35.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
    Klaudia Tanner
    by casanova
    During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
    Yesterday, 23:56
  • Karri
    Doom Patrol
    by Karri
    Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
    Yesterday, 23:55
  • Nikki
    Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
    by Nikki
    Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
    Yesterday, 23:03
Working...
X