Predators (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predators (2010)

Against my usual practice, I caught Predators without actually seeing any review or waiting to see if it does well in the box office.

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it. I rather liked the first Predator movie, so it is quite nice to see this sequel sticking quite closely to the formula of that first movie. All the right stuff are there.

Steamy jungle setting. Check.

Pretty dark haired girl. Check.

Implausible portable gatling gun. Check.

Massive amount of bullets expanded to kill very few things. Check.

Numerous bloody and gory ways of being dispatched expeditiously. Check.

Characters being eliminated one by one. Check.

Big scary predators. Check. Make that double check because they got 'upgraded' predators now, with some new toys.

Andy Brody has got to be the biggest surprise. He was utterly convincing as a cold-blooded/cold-hearted mercenary (or was it CIA black ops?). He was also quite convincing as a character who quickly assumed the leadership role amongst the rag-tag group of humans. Yes, he seemed like the type of character a group of killers would gravitate around and choose as their leader.

And, you should see the final fight scene against the upgraded Predator. No joke. It actually was better (to me) than the original Arnie final fight scene.

Don't get me wrong. It's not going to be an instant classic like the original Predator, but I think it came pretty close. It's well worth watching.

And, oh, I think I'm looking to add a long bladed machete to my blade collection. You know, just in case I run into a predator.

Hope that wasn't a spoiler about the machete. Looking forward to seeing this show...all the other Predator-Alien movies have SUCKED and ruined two great franchises.
    "Never push the red button" Daffy Duck

Comment

i went to see it as well...pretty much with the same motives as Okuguo, and yeah i didnt mind it either, good way to spnd some alone time...!!!!

Comment

You're wrong...

There are actually TWO Predator movies -- the first one with Arnie, and the second one with Danny Glover. I believe the recent movie is the third sequel, though I haven't watched it yet, so I could be wrong....

Dan
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by M1A1BP View Post
          Hope that wasn't a spoiler about the machete. Looking forward to seeing this show...all the other Predator-Alien movies have SUCKED and ruined two great franchises.
          Don't worry about spoilers. The movie is utterly predictable, right down to the sequence of which team member get offed first.

Comment

Just saw it tonight. So-so.
            I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X