Trailer for SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer for SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO

Fans of the old anime classic can rejoice.
    A live action version of the show is coming soon & here is the info on it: http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/06/f...a-minute-a.php
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Seen a bit of it so far. As long as Hollywood isn't involved it has a good chance.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Nothing stops the Japanese from making a cool movie. Seen the cartoon as a kid and loved it.
      Are we there yet?

Comment

When I was a kid living in Hawaii I loved this show, it came on every afternoon and I watched it everyday no matter how many times the seasons looped.

Watched it as an adult recently and hated it.
        Кто там?
        Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
        Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Looks good. I'll be lookong for that when it hits the states

Hope they put the wave motion gun in the film.
          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Amazingly cool and awesome series, I loved this when I was a kid. I lost count of the number of Lego space battleships I made as a kid. I am really hoping this one turns out well.
            Last edited by Chukka; 03 Jul 10, 22:56.
            One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
            Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Actors

The main character actor is really huge in Japan, his fame comes from a band called SMAP, who has been huge as well. And as well the lead actress, she's on top of her game too in the films/shows over there. So the Japanese producers knew what they were doing in casting. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie, and it's been advertised since January this year to build maximum hype.
              "Never push the red button" Daffy Duck

Comment

yeah, it was called Starblazers back when i was watching it, and damn right i loved it, though i have been loathed to re-watch it again, the only time i have rewatch stuff again which i hadnt seen since i was a kid and not been disappointed was Robotech..!!!

Comment

wow..cant believe they are redoing it after all these years, best of luck with it...!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                    yeah, it was called Starblazers back when i was watching it, and damn right i loved it, though i have been loathed to re-watch it again, the only time i have rewatch stuff again which i hadnt seen since i was a kid and not been disappointed was Robotech..!!!
                    Robotech is awesome! I have the entire series.

Galland,don't know if you knew about this but Tobey Maguire's (Siderman himself) production company currently working on a live action Robotech film.
                    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                      Robotech is awesome! I have the entire series.

Galland,don't know if you knew about this but Tobey Maguire's (Siderman himself) production company currently working on a live action Robotech film.
                      NO FRIGGEN WAY...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats awesome, do you have any links or gossip surrounding this production, i reckon this series has been crying out for a modern day doing over..!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                        NO FRIGGEN WAY...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats awesome, do you have any links or gossip surrounding this production, i reckon this series has been crying out for a modern day doing over..!!!!!
                        http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...7832dedc4bd442

This is the story that I read. Not a whole lot of info.

You can also try-
                        http://robotech.com

Comment

cheers, thanks for the link, gotta get a SDF-1 commanders cap surely..!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                            Prawn heads
                            by Karri
                            How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                            Yesterday, 11:40
                          • Jose50
                            Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                            by Jose50
                            Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                            Yesterday, 08:41
                          • Von Richter
                            Sagittarius Rising...
                            by Von Richter
                            Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                            Yesterday, 01:19
                          Working...
                          X