Taken (2008 movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken (2008 movie)

OK, continuing with my recent "beta-male wanna-be alpha-male on a violent rampage" fantasy mode, I've just watched a movie Taken. Forget the Bourne series of movies. Jason Bourne would be beaten to a pulp by this ex-CIA black ops father looking for his daughter kidnapped by a white slavery ring in Paris. He single-handedly carved a path of destruction through the city with his single-minded search for his daughter.

Don't have his own gun? Never mind that. He simply takes it from the bad guys and use their own guns on them.

Faced with knife-armed thugs? No problems. The bad guys soon found their own knives sticking out of their own bodies.

No fancy Jason Bourne cheoreographed fight dance here. Our hero employs moves that are raw, direct, savage moves that systematically destroy another human being.

And the kicker? It's Liam Neeson. But I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised since he's the original Darkman.

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
    OK, continuing with my recent "beta-male wanna-be alpha-male on a violent rampage" fantasy mode, I've just watched a movie Taken. Forget the Bourne series of movies. Jason Bourne would be beaten to a pulp by this ex-CIA black ops father looking for his daughter kidnapped by a white slavery ring in Paris. He single-handedly carved a path of destruction through the city
    Everyone fantasizes about carving a path of destruction through Paris

Comment

I definitely enjoyed this movie too.
      Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Did I also mention a scene involving enhanced interrogation of a white slaver involving two large iron nails driven into his knees, a lot of wires, clothing pegs, an electricity socket and an old light switch?

Eat your hearts out Jack Bauer!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
          You are a bad,bad girl!
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
            I definitely enjoyed this movie too.
            Totally agreed .
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

It was a very good movie. I'll go see almost anything with Neeson in it. He's outstanding.

Comment

I thought this movie was awesome. The ridiculousness of it all is what makes it awesome. And I mean that in a good way.
                Кто там?
                Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

This was a good fantasy movie. Where were the Paris Police? Why didn't he take his crew with him for backup which would have made a better movie and shown him to be more professional. Again, not arrested for shooting the wife? Is this why we are not considered good guests?

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
                    LOL Especially if you're German!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mike View Post
                      This was a good fantasy movie. Where were the Paris Police? Why didn't he take his crew with him for backup which would have made a better movie and shown him to be more professional. Again, not arrested for shooting the wife? Is this why we are not considered good guests?
                      Are you kidding? One man caused so much damage. Can you imagine what he and his crew would do? They really may end up with the Eiffel Tower levelled to the ground!

Comment

I saw it and thought it was good but the lack of the Parisian police was strange.
                        ´
                        “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

As a father, I love this movie. I'd like to think I'd do whatever it took to get my daughter back from such people. Of course I'd be killed in less than five minutes of doing so, but Neeson gives me hope.

I just love that he did whatever it took. And the ending, where the Sheik kidnapper barely gets the words, "We can negotiate" out of his mouth before Neeson shoots him-classic! I hate movies where the good guy and the bad guy always talk forever and then the bad guy gets the drop on the good guy and they fight it out forever, the good guy getting nearly beaten/shot/stabbed to death before he offs the bad guy in some horrible, but usually funny way, with a good one-liner to follow.

Neeson just went in, kicked ass, and destroyed anything and everything that was in his way.

I love this movie!

Comment

I liked the movie, great action scenes, but one thing that did bother me greatly is that you can easily make a credible abduction scenario in Paris.
                            Not Luc Besson. He can't.

- Ex-CIA operative tells All-American teen Europe is dangerous.
                            - His daughter behaves like a 8 year old since the start of the film.
                            - She lands, got kidnapped in record time.
                            - The protagonist calls an old friend in paris. His friend is presented as no less than a head of department in a french intelligence agency, turns out he is a payed thug for some ragtag eastern European human trafickers, same who took the girl. These Albanians don't convince a cop to look the other way, they are likelier to just recruit Sarkozy to help them in shoot-outs. Everyone in Paris is either Albanian, doing business with Albanians, or kidnapped by Albanians. Also, all Albanians live in Paris.
                            - He just needs to walk around the airport a few minutes untill he sees the criminal taking another girl. At this pace I figure 1000 girls a year disapear in that airport. Since Parisian police doesn't exist in this movie, they never noticed a connection.
                            - The accent on the phone call is so intense CIA traces the bad guys almost to the home they were born in just by how they talk.

I get it, it's action, but would be so easy not to go over the top with the plot...
                            Last edited by Castro; 30 Jun 10, 12:24.

Comment

The over the topness made it uber fun! It was like 300 or Gladiator in Paris.

I could see Liam kicking the slaver into a dark pit.

"This...is...Paris!"
                              TTFN

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X