Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is now an NSA matter ..... in movies

Grrrrrrrrr...

I am watching Contact today, and I usually have trouble part way through the film.

Damn it, but every time I watch a film, where something of an entirely planetary nature, NOT aimed at the US, but in the film the US gets picked to discover the detail, and suddenly some politician immediately says "this is now need to know, and now the property of the US government" I go almost ballistic and freak out.

Yeah yeah yeah I know, that's because I am not American you say. No actually I would be just as angry if I was.

It's so irritating the way it is portrayed and likely realistically too, that there are people in the US government that would think they are so damned special that they would think THEY can decide who and how something so valuable could be made available.

Granted, if the Chinese were picked I am sure the response would be the same. It doesn't matter where you are from politicians are all the same.

So I suppose it is mainly I despise the mind of the average politician that would immediately see it as a chip to be used to gain power and control.

Man I so hate politicians.

Movies that do this sure push my damn buttons.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

You really shouldn't let a movie that includes Matthew McConaughey bother you so much.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

This thread is now the property of the Canadian government.

There. That make you feel better now?
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
        You really shouldn't let a movie that includes Matthew McConaughey bother you so much.
        Or really for that matter Jodie Foster. Yes, that includes "Silence of the Lambs".

Comment

Damnit, Les...

I'm serious...

BURN the damned vid & PICK UP THE DAMNED BOOK!

The movie is nothing more than a pimple on the books bum!

You've been entirely robbed - even if you pirated it for nothing but the time invested!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I have the book actually, but have stupidly never read it (I have it as I am a Sagan fan naturally). Idiotically concluded the movie was more or less similar.

I WILL read the book and get back on this matter then.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X