Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite/Best Actor of the past 20 years

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Favorite/Best Actor of the past 20 years

    Who are your picks?

    Favorite and best need not be the same person. We have a lot of good or even great actors in this time period to pick from, imo.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

  • #2
    This is who I would consider the best







    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_McKellen

    This is who I would consider my favourite

    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

    Comment


    • #3
      Well I have all the usual old timer classic choices on my list when it is not limited by time span.

      But one of the few new comers (well new for me) is Russell Crowe.

      Although I am normally lousy at recalling names and films at the same time, and that means I have run out of choices at the moment.

      Can't recall the actor's name, but the actor that does T'ealc (or however the name is spelled) from SG1 was always great to watch. And I liked the actor that did Ronin from Atlantis. Although it is likely I am recalling enjoying the role and how well it was played, more than the actor specifically. As I can't place them in other films/series at the moment.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice choices Nick. Can they do a movie together?

        My favorite would be a toss up between Bruce Willis and Denzel Washington.

        My best would be Michael Chiklis in "The Shield".
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
          This is who I would consider the best







          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_McKellen

          This is who I would consider my favourite

          She is an actress Nick me mate
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

          you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
            Nice choices Nick. Can they do a movie together?

            My favorite would be a toss up between Bruce Willis and Denzel Washington.

            My best would be Michael Chiklis in "The Shield".
            Washington is an exceptionally good villian when he chooses to play those roles.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm a big fan of Tom Hanks.

              He has played many different rolls, from comdey in The Money Pit, Saving Private Ryan and of course, imo his very best was ForrestGump.

              I would rate him at least in the Top Five at least. Somebody well have to convince me of four that are better.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                Washington is an exceptionally good villian when he chooses to play those roles.


                Couldn't agree with you more!
                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post


                  Couldn't agree with you more!
                  Indeed.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Tom Hanks, Russel Crowe, John Travolta, Morgan Freeman, Joaquin Phoenix, Denzel Washington... It would be tough to pick just one.
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Lets not forget Clint Eastwood.

                      Over just the past 20 years, he's done amazing work in

                      Gran Torino
                      Million Dollar Baby
                      Unforgiven
                      White Hunter, Black Heart

                      Absolute Power and In The Line Of Fire were good movies too. I'm not including Bridges of Madison County because I didn't see it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Daniel Day-Lewis, best actor


                        Mickey Rourke, favorite actor


                        Special mention, Heath Ledger
                        Only Tearful, Animal Man Through the Nature of his Being is Destined to a Life of Warfare...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a0ORdQU
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4l...layer_embedded

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                          Lets not forget Clint Eastwood.

                          Over just the past 20 years, he's done amazing work in

                          Gran Torino
                          Million Dollar Baby
                          Unforgiven
                          White Hunter, Black Heart

                          Absolute Power and In The Line Of Fire were good movies too. I'm not including Bridges of Madison County because I didn't see it.
                          I've been a fan of his since back in the 60's when he first showed up in the B/W series Rawhide. However he seems to be only one dimension as an actor and even director. Hard type, no BS nothing brothers me type. Perhaps Bridges of Madison County might be the exception but I haven't seen that one.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                          you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            I've been a fan of his since back in the 60's when he first showed up in the B/W series Rawhide. However he seems to be only one dimension as an actor and even director. Hard type, no BS nothing brothers me type. Perhaps Bridges of Madison County might be the exception but I haven't seen that one.
                            I tend to agree. But he did show great range (what the heck is that) in Million Dollar Baby.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Favorites:


                              Christopher Walken
                              Clint Eastwood
                              Rutger Hauer
                              Harrison Ford (Seriously, he is both Han Solo and Indiana Jones!)


                              Some of these guys made their best movies longer than 20 years ago, I figured they qualified because they have been very active the last 20 years nontheless.
                              Last edited by Castro; 25 May 10, 13:44.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • casanova
                                Klaudia Tanner
                                by casanova
                                During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                                Yesterday, 23:56
                              • Karri
                                Doom Patrol
                                by Karri
                                Anyone else following?

                                IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                                Yesterday, 23:55
                              • Nikki
                                Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                                by Nikki
                                Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                                Yesterday, 23:03
                              Working...
                              X