Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pacific, the show as a whole.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I really liked BoB and The Pacific, but it feels more and more that people are forgetting the great contribution the Russians and other small countries gave. Countries like South Africa and Australia are also being forgotten. The Americans did a great job, but they didn't win the war alone. The British army did a hell of a job defending their turf against the Nazis with a few small countries. After all, they don't call it a world war for nothing.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Wilpanzer View Post
      I really liked BoB and The Pacific, but it feels more and more that people are forgetting the great contribution the Russians and other small countries gave. Countries like South Africa and Australia are also being forgotten. The Americans did a great job, but they didn't win the war alone. The British army did a hell of a job defending their turf against the Nazis with a few small countries. After all, they don't call it a world war for nothing.
      Well who do you expect an American production team to focus on?I would very much like to see a series based on a British,Canadian or Commonwealth unit.The East Front would also be very interesting,but I'd rather see that series from the German perspective.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

      BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

      BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
        Well who do you expect an American production team to focus on?I would very much like to see a series based on a British,Canadian or Commonwealth unit.The East Front would also be very interesting,but I'd rather see that series from the German perspective.
        You've got a point, but it would be awesome if they could incorporate a few concepts by making a mini-series which could focus on three soldiers from different countries fighting in different theatres of war. Maybe a Brit, American and German.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Wilpanzer View Post
          You've got a point, but it would be awesome if they could incorporate a few concepts by making a mini-series which could focus on three soldiers from different countries fighting in different theatres of war. Maybe a Brit, American and German.
          Sort of like a Call of Duty 1 & 2 thing.
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

          BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

          BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            Sort of like a Call of Duty 1 & 2 thing.

            Comment


            • #21
              I think that 24 Emmy nominations says it all.
              Lance W.

              Peace through superior firepower.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
                They could just follow "Chesty" Puller to Korea....
                Now theres an idea. Follow the 1st Mardiv through Korea. They could start with Craig's 5th Marines at Pusan, then Inchon and Seoul and all the way up to Chosin and back down to the outpost war. Personally i'd love to see that, we need something on Korea, it really is the "forgotten war".
                Last edited by IronMan15; 12 Jul 10, 11:49.
                "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
                -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

                Psalms 144.1

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                  Korea might be nice.
                  I agree with Korea, that theatre has been seriously neglected in shows and movies.

                  So far in the BoB series, they've followed the airborne and the marines. If they do do a series on the Korean conflict and this time follows an armoured unit
                  -----------------------------------
                  Sings we a song of wolves.
                  Who smells fear and slays the coward.
                  Sings we a song of man.
                  Who smells gold and slays his brother
                  .

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by les Brains View Post

                    Technical gaffes? Not impossible.
                    But less likely becauase of Captain Dye.

                    Originally posted by les Brains View Post

                    And just as with Saving Private Ryan, which gained praise from the veterans gaining in the Normandie award, sometimes some of us loud mouthed arm chair generals are just mouthy hot air
                    SPR was another piece with Captain Dye's guidance, I suspect his drive for accuracy was at least partly to thank for the film meeting veteran's approval.

                    Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post

                    I would have to say that the action was depicted as true to life as was possible. The rush across the airfield on Pelelue was was as gutwrentching as anything in SPR or BOB!
                    Captain Dye's work on SPR and BoB may have been topped by the work done with The Pacific. He spent considerable time with this batch of actors compared to some of his other training camps.

                    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

                    I think that the combat scenes in The Pacific did a better job of portraying the intensity,insanity and chaos of battle.I don't have first hand experience,but to me,The Pacific seemed to come closer to what I've read by those who were in combat.
                    Dale Dye!
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                    BoRG

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    • casanova
                      Klaudia Tanner
                      by casanova
                      During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                      Yesterday, 23:56
                    • Karri
                      Doom Patrol
                      by Karri
                      Anyone else following?

                      IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                      Yesterday, 23:55
                    • Nikki
                      Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                      by Nikki
                      Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                      Yesterday, 23:03
                    Working...
                    X