No announcement yet.

The Pacific, last episode, 10, Home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pacific, last episode, 10, Home...

After Japan surrenders, Leckies wounds are healed and he heads back to the states.

Sledge heads back as well in a long train ride to Alabama and a meeting with Philips.

Lena visits the Basilone family for an emotional meeting.

Leckie gets his old job back and starts fresh as well with a new relationship. Leckie adjusts very well back to the cavillian life after his war.

Sledge gets home and has a more difficult time, questioning why he is still alive compared to all the other Marines who did not.. He will need a lot more time to settle into his old life before the Pacific war, if he can.

Cheers

Tom

The last episode was a complete waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The last episode was a complete waste of time.

According to you the whole series was a waste of time.

'The Pacific' was a terrific series.
      Last edited by steelpot; 17 May 10, 22:48.

Comment

The last episode was hard to watch in some instances, but it finished the series out on an extreme high note.

Subtracting the Basilone subplot would have added tremendous depth to the characters of Leckie and Sledge and would have allowed for better pacing.

Alas, not a bad effort.

Comment

I'M pretty sure the Pacific did not go as long as the BOB series.

Kind of with MM here,nothing never beats the original in every case this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
            I'M pretty sure the Pacific did not go as long as the BOB series.

Kind of with MM here,nothing never beats the original in every case this happens.
            But how can you know if you didn't watch it?The Pacific is not BOB vs. the Japs.So you really cant call BoB the "original".The final episode was excellent,just like the rest of the series.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I think i recall BOB going past 10 episodes,not by much though.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                I think i recall BOB going past 10 episodes,not by much though.
                That's not the point,O Blonde One.How can you judge something you haven't watched?
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by steelpot View Post

According to you the whole series was a waste of time.

'The Pacific' was a terrific series.
                  Many think so, and I understand, but it never grabbed me the way Band of Brothers did, and the characters never reached out to me, either. It was almost as though the entire Pacific war was fought by these three guys without anybody else, and they didn't want to be there, didn't like it, didn't really like their fellow Marines and didn't know what to do with themselves after it was over.

Even the farewells among the three riding the train home were non-existent, after all they had been through together.

Comment

Fair enough MM but I really took a liking to the main characters Leckie, Sledge and Basilone. Also I think Burgin and Snafu were very interesting people themselves.
                    You can't forget it was about certain individuals and not about one particular unit like Easy Company in Band of Brothers so that difference alone would make the series very different but I disagree that the Marines didn't care for each other.
                    The scene where Cpt Haldane(Ack Ack) is killed by a sniper and the reaction of his men when he is carried down the hill is without a doubt the most moving and emotional scene I've ever scene in any war movie.
                    I think the series also showed the vast differences of combat between the European Theatre and the Pacific Theatre.
                    It may not of been perfect but I really liked 'The Pacific' overall.

Comment

How can you judge something you haven't watched?
                      You are right,I can't Judge.
                      It comes down to personal interests,and it's never really been an interest of mine,the Pacific war.

It was almost as though the entire Pacific war was fought by these three guys without anybody else,
                      I had would of thought that the Pacific series was going to be all about another company unit like easy company from BOB.
                      The producers would have been the same men for both series,so why both series so different?

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                        That's not the point,O Blonde One.How can you judge something you haven't watched?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                          Prawn heads
                          by Karri
                          How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                          Today, 11:40
                        • Jose50
                          Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                          by Jose50
                          Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                          Today, 08:41
                        • Von Richter
                          Sagittarius Rising...
                          by Von Richter
                          Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                          Today, 01:19
                        Working...
                        X