New Robinhood film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Robinhood film

Watched the new Robinhood film, damn it was VERY good and sure is made to look like there will be a sequel. After seeing it, I am likely not keeping the Kevin Kostner one any more. This film so completely looked so much better.

This is maybe not going to please any history demons, but if you want history watch a friggin documentary doofus

This is one remake that should have been done a while ago.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

I enjoyed it, especially the music in it. I really thought it was an entertaining movie, up until
    And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
    Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
    Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
    Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

I think I'll have to see it just to judge the angry Aussies terrible accent for myself. Does it really slip into Irish brogue every once in a while?

Comment

Good movie. Good soundtrack. Very good twist on the Robin Hood story.

Somehow I expected to be "wow-ed" a bit more. Maybe my expectation were higher because of the hype around the movie.

Comment

Given his past passion for directors cuts, such as the surprisingly much superior Kingdom of Heaven directors cut, I am really looking forward to the lengthier version.

I definitely recommend this. The directors cut actually proves Orlando can act .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

If the director's cut are better, why didn't they use that in the first place? I watched Kingdom of Heaven. I really didn't like it. It felt like a rush job. Now I know why.

Comment

I must be the odd man out because I didn't think it was all that great. Sure it was better than Kostner's offering, but good God, it's Kostner, everything is better than his movies. It wasn't bad I guess, but it had potential to be so much better, it's such a great story. Someone should make a good movier about Agincourt, Poiters or Crecy. Those would be interesting longbow movies, but I suppose coreographing those would be very difficult.

Comment

I haven't watched the new Robin Hood movie, and I doubt that I would catch it. Maybe when it comes round to TV.

I think the modern producers missed the point about the appeal of Robin Hood. It's the sense of swashbuckling adventure, the roguish rebel, robbing the rich to give to the poor part that appeals. It's every teenage boy's fantasy come true of combining rebellion against authority with a good cause, pretty damsel and heroism.

Making a hyper-realistic, gritty version of Robin Hood simply misses the point.

Comment

Some actors are liked, some not.

I like Kostner, I also like Keanu Reeves. And regardless of his real life, I like Tom Cruise.
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

It was alright, but I prefer the older Robin Hood films.
                    "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
                    --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

If it wuz based on history there's be no movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankboy View Post
                        I enjoyed it, especially the music in it. I really thought it was an entertaining movie, up until
                        Thats exactly what I thought mate spot on. I was thinking this is really good and then that bit happens and I thought oh Ridley what have you done. Fallen at the final hurdle.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X