• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite "THE PACIFIC" character

Tell me forum...

Your faved character?

Snafu is deffinetly my fav

Welcome to the forums Snafu112, based on your user name I'm not surprised about your preference

As for me, contrary to BoB I find it difficult to identify between the different characters.
    This relative facelessness however might be done on purpose by its makers as it enhances the series' gritty realism of industrial warfare...
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSennef View Post
      Welcome to the forums Snafu112, based on your user name I'm not surprised about your preference

As for me, contrary to BoB I find it difficult to identify between the different characters.
      This relative facelessness however might be done on purpose by its makers as it enhances the series' gritty realism of industrial warfare...
      Really? I've had an easier time idenitfying characters with this then with BoB.
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

I liked Ack Ack.

Comment

I dunno the guys name but the dude that talks Sledge out of taking the gold teeth is a good character. He reminds me (sorta) of Bunny from Platoon.
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

That's 'Snafu' and he's definitely my favorite character. I don't know if it's the 'character', or Rami Malik's amazing portrayal of him, but it is his changing character throughout their campaigns that contrasts so well with Sledge's. I particularly liked the scene where he talked Sledge out of cutting out the gold caps. It was done in a "you're a better man that that" mode that was vividly understated.
            dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

Out of 5:

Snafu: ****
              Captain Haldane:***
              Little Man: **
              Sledge:**
              Leckie:***
              Basilone:**

Comment

Originally posted by lirelou View Post
                That's 'Snafu' and he's definitely my favorite character. I don't know if it's the 'character', or Rami Malik's amazing portrayal of him, but it is his changing character throughout their campaigns that contrasts so well with Sledge's. I particularly liked the scene where he talked Sledge out of cutting out the gold caps. It was done in a "you're a better man that that" mode that was vividly understated.
                In the book, it was actually Doc Cadwell (spelling..) who talks sledge out of doing that. He said it was "germs" but he actually just wanted Sledge to retain his sense of dignity and respect for the dead. Sledge remarks that he believed that Doc wanted to stop him from doing something he'll regret later in life.

Comment

Leckie.

I can identify with him the most...
                  "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Snafu is my favorite. He is constantly the one that notices the little things, cares for the rookies even after tormenting them.

Best character in the series bar none, it loses something when sledge and Snafu are not on the screen.

Comment

Well said, Snafu is a character and I think it is Rami Malik's acting that makes the character.

My favorite scene is when they are on the Amtrack waiting to hit Peleliu(episode 5) and he offers a cigarette to Sledge knowing that Sledge is apprehensive about his first combat experience. Sledge turns down the cigarette and Snafu just looks at him wide-eyed and says "YEAH", knowing it's just a matter of time before Sledge starts to smoke, providing he survives combat long enough. Snafu then vomits and lights up a cigarette himself to calm his nerves before they hit the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyle's Heroes View Post
                        I liked Ack Ack.
                        He's a great officer who is always looking out for his men. When he is killed by the sniper and the tribute by his men when he is carried down the hill is the most moving scene in the miniseries or any other war film that I've ever seen.

Let's not forget hillbilly either!!

Comment

My personal favs:
                          Ack Ack Haldane
                          Snafu Shelton
                          Even though were minor characyters but are described in detail in WTOB: Lt. Hillbilly Jones, and Gunny Elmo Haney
                          "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
                          -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

You folks should know that the scene were Snafu tells Sledge not to take the gold teeth is a "composite" for hollywood. The line was actually said to Sledge by the corpsman, a character that was not shown in the series. I guess they figured there was no need to include the corpsman. It still sent the same message to Sledge, and helped him to retain his humanity, it also softens the Snafu's character a bit, perhaps more than he really was. I just read "With the Old Breed", and otherwise the series is very true to Sledge's memories.
                            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X