Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most depressing film you have ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of eating rats, anyone mention King Rat? That was pretty depressing too as I recall.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Pyle's Heroes View Post
      'Ballad of a Soldier.' ..A poor Russian soldier...is fated never to return home again
      hmmm, what to a American seems depressing, to a Russian may sort of seem spirit lifting...
      anyway, a movie with no happy ending shouldn't necessarily be called 'depressing'.

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
        hmmm, what to a American seems depressing, to a Russian may sort of seem spirit lifting...
        anyway, a movie with no happy ending shouldn't necessarily be called 'depressing'.
        So you're suggesting the end of the world, or an inability to ever return home, or a generally unpleasant ending can be 'spirit uplifting' to a Russian?
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
          So you're suggesting the end of the world, or an inability to ever return home..can be 'spirit uplifting' to a Russian?
          depends on how it all is portrayed in a particular movie...

Comment

Pride and Prejedice...I mean really, poor wickim gets hosed over through the whole flick

Comment

House of Sand and Fog (2003).

Ben Kingsley in a superb portrayal of an exiled IIAF Colonel.

Everyone loses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_o..._and_Fog_(film)
              Last edited by علامت پیروز; 06 Jul 10, 18:14.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                No seriously don't offer suggestions of films merely awful, as that makes them awful, not necessarily depressing.

I am suggesting Trinity and Beyond The Atomic Bomb Movie as the most depressing thing I have ever watched.

I KNOW that too many people really do NOT know how many nuclear detonations have been set off by our race.

It wasn't just a couple of bombs on Japan.
                Over 2,000 atomic weapons have been detonated in the world since 1945. The world and the climate actually took it pretty well. The planet could take a lot more, but the radioactive isotopes have become part of our bodies and bones because they are in the food chain. You are probably carrying some isotopes from the monstrous Tzar Bomba in you.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Yep that is the key detail. The planet is in no danger, after all, the planet is awash in uranium.
                  But it isn't normal for humans to have to live with the stuff (largely unaware). I've seen the maps, maps I'd guess a lot of Americans would be unhappy to look at, which show the wind and dispersal patterns of all the supposedly 'safe' underground tests in the west.

I don't know if the Asian and Russian tests will ever get much in the way of decent disclosure.
                  But I have seen atolls entirely obliterated by detonations in the Pacific.
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                    Klaudia Tanner
                    by casanova
                    During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                    Yesterday, 23:56
                  • Karri
                    Doom Patrol
                    by Karri
                    Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                    Yesterday, 23:55
                  • Nikki
                    Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                    by Nikki
                    Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                    Yesterday, 23:03
                  Working...
                  X