Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most depressing film you have ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most depressing film you have ever seen?

No seriously don't offer suggestions of films merely awful, as that makes them awful, not necessarily depressing.

I am suggesting Trinity and Beyond The Atomic Bomb Movie as the most depressing thing I have ever watched.

I KNOW that too many people really do NOT know how many nuclear detonations have been set off by our race.

It wasn't just a couple of bombs on Japan.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Falling Down with Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall.I don't know if depressing is the right word,but I certainly didn't feel too good about myself,or anything else after watching that movie the first time.
    Last edited by Gixxer86g; 06 May 10, 06:49.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
      Falling Down with Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall.I don't know if depressing is the right word,but I certainly didn't feel to good about myself,or anything else after watching that movie the first time.
      I have to agree about Falling Down. Very dark. You're right, I wouldn't say depressing, just leaves a dark cloud of unease.
      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

'The Pianist' for me. I'm never going to watch that movie again.

Comment

I cant recall the movies name but I have seen a depressing movie,it was on foxtel months earlier.

EDIT: This is the movie "The Mist" and this gives away a MAJOR plot spoiler. I warned you! -- ACG Staff

Last edited by Heidi; 06 May 10, 01:59.

Comment

House of Mirth.

The slow decline of a high society lady through to poverty and suicide, and to pay off a debt she never asked for, nor initially realised she owed. Played brilliantly by Gillian Anderson (she of X-Files).
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

On the Beach (2000).
              "[...]

While Brittania's Huns with their long-range guns
              Sailed in through the foggy dew.

[...]"

Comment

8mm with Nicholas Cage. He plays the part well and it is a well acted/made film but crickey, it's dark, depressing and the subject mater is horrific.
                HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

Originally posted by Przemyslaw View Post
                  On the Beach (2000).
                  Good call. I have the original, but yeah, watching the end of the film and the streets are now all empty, and there will NEVER be anyone on them anywhere any more.

It's a grim finality.
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Paths of Glory.
                    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

Home Song Stories - Autobiographical

I've Loved You So Long
                      AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                      The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                        I cant recall the movies name but I have seen a depressing movie,it was on foxtel months earlier. --edited to protect spoilers--
                        The movie was named The Mist. The ending was indeed depressing.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Kittikhun View Post
                          'The Pianist' for me. I'm never going to watch that movie again.
                          I thought the main character was depressing but the movie was pretty good.

Forrest Gump depresses me but only because Jenny reminds me so much of a dear departed friend.
                          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

The segment of the Pianist- the destruction of the Warsaw ghetto is shot for shot taken from actual photographs of J. Stroop and his troopers.
                            Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                            Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                            Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                            Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

It's a beautiful day where I am so thinking about depressing movies isn't what I want to be doing but since you asked I can think of a few I don't really want to watch again because they were so sad:

Leaving Las Vegas with Nicholas Cage and Elizabeth Shue. I found Shue's character even more sad and pathetic than Cage's drinking himself to death.

Memento, with Guy Pearce. Bleak and disturbing.

Glengarry Glen Ross, from David Mamet's play. The Jack Lemmon character particularly.

And an oldie but still in my mind as depressing and sad, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X