Red Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dawn

. . . I am at a loss for words right now.

Link.
    Other link.

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post

Link.
    Other link.
    I saw this a few months ago, but couldn't tell if it was real or a hoax. I like the first reference in the link you provided US paranoia seen in new Red Dawn.

Can't Hollywood at least try to come up with something original? They're remaking the A-Team too. Whats next - Laverne & Shirley meet The Love Boat?
    Last edited by The Ibis; 27 Apr 10, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
      Whats next - Laverne & Shirley meet The Love Boat?
      I'd pay good money to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post

Link.
        Other link.
        You gotta be kidding me...I'm also lost for word!

Comment

I was 11 when I first saw the original Red Dawn. Immediatley after watching I went out in the woods and marked the spot I was going to move to when the Reds came and dug in. I started planning my guerilla campaign and mapped out the most likely Chinese supply routes I also had a stockpile of ammo and supplies to launch my guerilla war with. Not sure how long I'd last with only a .22 Winchester.
          "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
          -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

There's a Tron sequel too. Has Hollywood really run out of ideas so badly? Yes.

Comment

I liked the original (of course I was 12 when I saw it in 1984). This will turn out badly I think.
              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

I thought the original was quite good. Although it was a high concept movie, the acting was surprisingly good and the script strong.

Anyway, this time round, instead of the Soviets, the story seems to be about a Chinese invasion.

Comment

I was extremely saddened to see they were making a remake. Now fighting the Chinese.
                  Fail Hollywood, fail.
                  (Yay for first posts!)

Comment

When I see them re release a film like that, something totally period specific that simply won't work any more, well it makes me think of an anaolgy.

This re release looks like a young girl being held down by a pair of brutes having her clothes torn off and brutally raped.

The first film was actually mostly idiotic, the re release will likely be a dumb waste of a couple of hours watching the xvid. Pay to see it though? Get real, I don't have THAT much money to throw away. At least with the xvid, if it sucks, I can just turn it off with no real loss.
                    Life is change. Built models for decades.
                    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                      When I see them re release a film like that, something totally period specific that simply won't work any more, well it makes me think of an anaolgy.

This re release looks like a young girl being held down by a pair of brutes having her clothes torn off and brutally raped.

The first film was actually mostly idiotic, the re release will likely be a dumb waste of a couple of hours watching the xvid. Pay to see it though? Get real, I don't have THAT much money to throw away. At least with the xvid, if it sucks, I can just turn it off with no real loss.
                      Freud would have had a field day with you.

Comment

Wolverines!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          How many Freudians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Two. One to screw in the light and the other to hold the penis.

Ladder! I meant ladder!

Comment

Not only Red Dawn and Tron are being remade but the remake of Nightmare On Elm Street comes out on Friday.

Hollywood truly is bereft of new ideas.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Freud was never ready for anyone. He was too preoccupied with his mother.

He should have spent time WITH a shrink instead of pretending to be one.
                              Life is change. Built models for decades.
                              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X