Battle of Britain movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Britain movie

Is there a remake in the works for the movie version of The Battle of Britain?
    The one starring Michael Caine,Robert Shaw,and Christopher Plummer was good,but with todays modern special effects the battle scenes could be enhanced vs this original one.
    What British actors could play some of the lead roles?

Attached Files

Not to my knowledge, although there is supposed to be a film in the works where Tom Cruise stars as an American fighter pilot during the BoB.

Apparently he wins the entire war single handed by landing in France and challenging Goering to a one-on-one dogfight, and beating him, before flying off to Berlin and bombing Hitler in his Bunker, flying down low, grabbing his jacket and bringing him back to London where he signs the surrender documents.

So, quite accurate really...

On a more serious note - the original BoB film did exceptionally well without CGI or extensive modelwork - it's pretty much perfect. A remake might be good, because perhaps then we'd get to see some German bombers other than Heinkels or Stukas.

I'd have to put Ewan MacGregor in there somewhere, just because he's a well-known British actor.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
      Not to my knowledge, although there is supposed to be a film in the works where Tom Cruise stars as an American fighter pilot during the BoB.

Apparently he wins the entire war single handed by landing in France and challenging Goering to a one-on-one dogfight, and beating him, before flying off to Berlin and bombing Hitler in his Bunker, flying down low, grabbing his jacket and bringing him back to London where he signs the surrender documents.

So, quite accurate really...

On a more serious note - the original BoB film did exceptionally well without CGI or extensive modelwork - it's pretty much perfect. A remake might be good, because perhaps then we'd get to see some German bombers other than Heinkels or Stukas.

I'd have to put Ewan MacGregor in there somewhere, just because he's a well-known British actor.

Dr. S.
      Possible rumors that I heard that Tom Cruise will be playing as Billy Fiske who is a American and joined RAF No. 601 Squadron(They fly Hurricane Mk.I) during Battle of Britain in 1940. Billy Fiske life was short because he died from his wounded after successfully landing and he was probably first american to died in WWII.

Army

Comment

STUKAS!......sorry i do that every time.quite a wonderfull plane actually.
        i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

all seriousness aside though.i would love to see an acurate,modern movie made of this battle.i think most people dont realize the desparate situation that the brittish people found themselves in.this was not just another battle,this was survival.the brittish seemed to be alone for most of the war,sucking water in the great ocean of desperation.history though has its own twists and turns,and england was saved.i've always loved that chin up attitude.stare death in the eyes and such.
          i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

Originally posted by terry patterson
            STUKAS!......sorry i do that every time.quite a wonderfull plane actually.
            Interesting angle.

Lots of JU-87s

Navalized Stuka (very rare)

JU-87 prototype.

JU-87 OOPSIE

JU-87 Gustav (Kannon Trager)

I hope this helps your JU-87 obsession.
            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS
              I hope this helps your JU-87 obsession.
              If it didn't help him, it helped me!

:thumb:

Dr. S.
              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I would assume the JU-87 Gustav was the same type Rudel used on the Eastern Front to such great effect ?
                Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

How do you re-make the vision of Susanna York half out of her uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by Air Pirate
                    You don't - you CGI the whole thing and have her entirely naked.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Air Pirate
                      When was this? I have the movie on DVD and don't remember seeing this.

Comment

Re: Battle of Britain movie

Originally posted by james hansen
                        Is there a remake in the works for the movie version of The Battle of Britain?
                        The one starring Michael Caine,Robert Shaw,and Christopher Plummer was good,but with todays modern special effects the battle scenes could be enhanced vs this original one.
                        What British actors could play some of the lead roles?

That's ironic ,my wife just bought me the DVD yesterday. It would probably be a toss up since I doubt as many flyable aircraft would be available as in 1969, though the computer generated action (ala Pearl Harbor and Enemy at the Gates) would be better. Somehow I doubt the actors would be as good.
                        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigersqn
                          I would assume the JU-87 Gustav was the same type Rudel used on the Eastern Front to such great effect ?
                          Correct. Technically I think Rudel used the JU-87 G-1R3 where the R means Rundestadt (or something like that) which means a field conversion. His LAST aircraft was a JU-87 G2R??? (See attached)

Cheers!

:armed:
                          Attached Files

Comment

If it didn't help him, it helped me!

:thumb:

Dr. S.
                            One nice bit of JU-87 trivia. If you see a JU-87 without the wheel spats it is 99.99% likely an Ost Front JU-87.

Cheers!

:armed:

Comment

Dr. S.
                              AND we can finally see them firing tracers at each other, thanx CG techs, as they should; the only real failing of BOB.
                              Gus

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X